Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: Draw tough to take [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
[h=3]By Charlotte Marsh[/h]Last Updated: 15/12/15 11:39pm

DLOokYc8UKM-fB9H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
DLOokYc8UKM-fB9H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Chris Hughton said it was a tough result to take with Brighton leading QPR by two goals but felt a draw was a fair result.

Chris Hughton has said Brighton's draw with QPR is 'tough to take' after his side threw away a two goal to draw 2-2 during the fifth 10 in 10 game live on Sky Sports on Tuesday evening.
Two quick goals from Dale Stephens and*Rajiv van La Parra early in the second half saw the Seagulls in control but the Hoops fought back with Charlie Austin netting twice to nab a point for the hosts.*
"It's a tough one to take," Hughton told Sky Sports after the game. "When you're leading 2-0, you want to see the game out.*
"It was going to be tough, especially after the sending off.*I think going behind forced their hand a little bit and they went for it.*
dale-stephens-brighton-qpr_3388832.jpg
dale-stephens-brighton-qpr_3388832.jpg

Dale Stephens of Brighton celebrates scoring his team's first goal

"They're a big, powerful side and they go direct into the front so we knew they would cause us problems and it was just whether we could hold up, perhaps catch them on the counter which I felt we were going to do.
"It was always going to be about whether we could defend well enough and we had some decent periods of play. We looked threatening on the break but it was whether we could contain them enough and we found that very hard but certainly I don't think we deserved to come away from today with a loss for sure."
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of QPR's 2-2 draw with Brighton in the Sky Bet Championship.

The second of Austin's goals came after Albion defender Lewis Dunk was shown a red card*for a reckless challenge on Alejandro Faurlin.
"I'll certainly have to see it again. I don't think it was a straight red but possibly it was a booking. It was similar to the challenge from Sandro in the first half, certainly no different and he didn't get booked."
The draw maintains Albion's unbeaten start to the season but they drop to second on goal difference after Middlesbrough's 1-0 win over Burnley - who they face on Saturday live on Sky Sports 1 HD as part of the 10 in 10 coverage.
qpr-brighton-charlie-austin-second-goal_3388852.jpg
qpr-brighton-charlie-austin-second-goal_3388852.jpg

Charlie Austin celebrates his equaliser against Brighton

"We need to pick the players up again now. We were on the other side of it against Charlton when we came back from two goals down but it's a resilient group in there.
"Loftus Road is a tough place to come as Burnley found at the weekend so we need to pick them back up again and it'll be another tough game on Saturday."
212.png
389.png

[h=3]Brighton vs M'boro[/h]
December 19, 2015, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here