Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Put aside the disappointment of tonight

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I was massively peed off last night but a kip has restored me sense of perspective. Who wouldn't have taken draws against Derby and QPR going into this week? Sure, we could do with a win against Boro but even a draw then wouldn't be a disaster. On the unbeaten thing, yes, we all know you can win one game and lose 2 and it's still as good as drawing all 3... but that takes no account of momentum. Would a team that does that have the belief to mount a promotion challenge? At the moment, we're fractions from turning really tough draws into massive wins despite a crippling injury list. It's a great achievement to be unbeaten for so long, says a huge amount about the players' resolve and suggests we'll get a very positive response after we do finally lose.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
It is a hell of a stat. Although another one is that we've taken the lead in nine of the games and conceded an equaliser in all nine. Three times from 2-0 up. Would be nice to hold on just once, but it is all part of this amazing season I guess
You neglect to mention that one of those matches we let a two goal lead slip in we went on to win!

Somewhere in another thread it has been pointed out that we have won as many points as we have dropped with goals in the last 10 minutes, I guess generally things balance out over the season!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I really have to pinch myself when I realise that I am a bit miffed that we didn't beat Derby or QPR away!! Almost every club would love to be in our position at the moment.. And this was not a position that I genuinely thought we would be in this season. If we could challenge for a play off spot, ie top 10 I would have been pleased.. The points total I am looking at is to 7th place at the moment.. Anything else is a real bonus for me. We will have a blip, and a poor run - you only know what your blip is after it has happened!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here