Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kodi streams

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Pretty much everything you said. Especially resetting the box, what people have to think about is that those addons were loaded on months, if not years ago. Also kodi does not automatically update so you may even have an outdated version of kodi.

Mobdro- can easily be put on the box with an apk, but personally I don't like it. Very laggy at times.

Other apps- iPlayer and indeed all the other catch up TV apps can be added. But I find them pointless (apart from iPlayer) as can watch them all on exodus anyway and I hate adverts.

Sources- I personally only use exodus and sportsdevil, an always find a stream and never have trouble.

Lagging/cutting out- I used to have programmes lag, cut out completely or could not access the stream to start with. I went back to the main menu one day and found that my WiFi signal to the box had dropped from 5 to 1 bands. Disconnecting and then reconnecting solves all this. Best thing to do is connect via ethernet cable and all problems seem to be solved.

Football streams(especially 3 o'clock kick off)- I always look for a stream that is from NBCSN(American), they are by far the best quality streams, in my opinion.

Choice of box-A standard android box(which I have) is no more than £22(sometimes cheaper) and even cheaper direct from China, but takes weeks to come. A mid range box is anywhere from £35 and if you want to go all out then buy an Nvidia sheild. Never felt the need to upgrade my box though as never had problems.
I always reset the box when I first get them and have got setting it back up down to about five minutes. I have maybe ordered fifty in the last six months(for others) and genuinely see no difference between the boxes.

Kodi vs sky-Obviously sky/BT is better than kodi for live streams, but then again they don't have the 3pm games. But kodi is FAR better for on demand movies and TV programmes. I dread to think how much I would have had to have paid Sky, BT, Amazon and cinemas for the movies/sports/boxsets I have watched. I now only watch iPlayer and Kodi.
Overall kodi is brilliant if maintained properly.

Is there a way to find NBCSN(American), over here? The only links I can find say you need a VPN to get around the geoblocking and also a login for an American provider?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Is there a way to find NBCSN(American), over here? The only links I can find say you need a VPN to get around the geoblocking and also a login for an American provider?

Depends on what device you want to do it on? And also whether through kodi or not?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
If you don't want to go through kodi then Opera browser (which is the best browser btw) has a built in VPN. Totally free. Change the country to the UK and you should be good to go.

Really?? I didn't know that thanks!!!

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
For sports, if youre looking for quality then look at streamtvbox. It is a paid sub, I paid £65 for 12 months and it is the best investment ever. Pretty much every sports channel is on there from US and Europe in HD, they have US on demand and live sports and every football gamer that is on tv in the world! PPV events etc etc also included.

They also have other tv channels to stream and a pretty cool EPG that mimics the sky EPG so its got everything.

You can get a 48 hour trial so give it a go for the footie tomorrow!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Depends on what device you want to do it on? And also whether through kodi or not?

Currently just using the kodi app on my phone but cant connect that to my TV so will look at putting it on a Fire stick or something like that soon.

If you don't want to go through kodi then Opera browser (which is the best browser btw) has a built in VPN. Totally free. Change the country to the UK and you should be good to go.

Used this for a while on my phone as it gets around the network's adult filter. Only because it sometimes blocks some other football forums for some reason honest!:angel:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I tried this but the VPN won't let me reroute trough the UK.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I tried this but the VPN won't let me reroute trough the UK.

Hmmm, I will look into that tomorrow in time for match of the day. I have just been out shopping for nine post hours, I kid you not. I now drained, emotionally wrecked and considerably poorer than when I left.
I know it's certainly possible as I used to watch all the American comedies thorough it when I was on call. Will post back tomorrow.

Edit:Later today

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hmmm, I will look into that tomorrow in time for match of the day. I have just been out shopping for nine post hours, I kid you not. I now drained, emotionally wrecked and considerably poorer than when I left.
I know it's certainly possible as I used to watch all the American comedies thorough it when I was on call. Will post back tomorrow.

Edit:Later today

Thanks mate, The USA is certainly a choice. I'll add a screen shot of the choices that might help when you are ready.

Merry Christmas to you and yours. Screen Shot 2016-12-24 at 11.34.35 am.png

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Currently just using the kodi app on my phone but cant connect that to my TV so will look at putting it on a Fire stick or something like that soon.

Used this for a while on my phone as it gets around the network's adult filter. Only because it sometimes blocks some other football forums for some reason honest!:angel:

Get an android box mate, much easier

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
For sports, if youre looking for quality then look at streamtvbox. It is a paid sub, I paid £65 for 12 months and it is the best investment ever. Pretty much every sports channel is on there from US and Europe in HD, they have US on demand and live sports and every football gamer that is on tv in the world! PPV events etc etc also included.

They also have other tv channels to stream and a pretty cool EPG that mimics the sky EPG so its got everything.

You can get a 48 hour trial so give it a go for the footie tomorrow!

I have been using this for around 18 months and love it.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Thanks mate, The USA is certainly a choice. I'll add a screen shot of the choices that might help when you are ready.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.View attachment 80471

You are right, no uk proxy :rant: I assumed there was one, but I'm is the one proxy I never needed.

Do you have kodi, as it's definitely available on there

Merry Christmas to you to!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Do you meant easier than using a FireStick?

If so, which box would you recommend?

They are all much of a muchness I think ... loads on Amazon like this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/COOLEAD-Wireless-Rock-chips-Streaming-Entertainment/dp/B01CHX10JM/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1482746934&sr=1-4&keywords=kodi+box

Get one with the little wireless keyboard which saves a bit of fiddling

Don't know if the latest android OS makes any difference (Lollipop v Marsmallow) mine on the former and runs perfectly well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here