Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sebastien Pocognoci signs on a season long loan deal

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully better than Bong who has been off the pace this season

I thought I saw some of the old Bong in the second half on Saturday, maybe he just needs a few less high pressure games to get back to form. He was chucked back in at a vey high pressure level at the end of last season after a long lay off and we are only just up and running this season. He does need competition though

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
With Sam Adekugbe also injured the other night it makes sense.Just concerned at Pocognoli's lack of match playing time.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I thought I saw some of the old Bong in the second half on Saturday, maybe he just needs a few less high pressure games to get back to form. He was chucked back in at a vey high pressure level at the end of last season after a long lay off and we are only just up and running this season. He does need competition though

Hope so. Could NOT wait to see Bong back after the start to last season but he hasn't looked quite the same.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

Absolutely agree. Bong cost 2 points at Reading by not challenging cross for equaliser and was generally bereft of confidence defensively and poor going forwards. I gave him 2/10. Much better against Newcastle, still only 6/10 but marked improvement. And yes, he needs competition. This is good signing if the M25 stays open...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Might be good for a half season loan - that would give us the standard eight senior pros for the four defending positions - but I hope only as a stop gap. I really would like to see some of the U23s getting a sniff of 1st. team action - even if just on the bench - this season. Adekugbe, White and Hunt would seem to be getting close, and Hall has SPL experience. Dallison too may be back in January.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Might be good for a half season loan - that would give us the standard eight senior pros for the four defending positions - but I hope only as a stop gap. I really would like to see some of the U23s getting a sniff of 1st. team action - even if just on the bench - this season. Adekugbe, White and Hunt would seem to be getting close, and Hall has SPL experience. Dallison too may be back in January.

If CH thinks they are good enough they will get the game time.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Bong is improving each game, nearly up to his best, and with a wide left man who can defend when needed will be fine as first choice

He was dire against Newcastle and made me worried every time he was on the ball.

Healthy competition and a kick up the proverbial much needed for me.

Also you can stop going on about cover at LB so win win!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Good - For me Bong is way short of the form of early last season and needs a kick up the ass, hopefully this will do it.

I have always maintained Rosenior is the best left back at the club, this will give us cover in both full back positions :)

Just a goal scoring forward to go to help Mr Murray...

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bong has looked off since he came back from injury at the end of last season. Can only be a good thing to have more competition for his spot. I can't say I've ever seen Pocognoli play, mind.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was dire against Newcastle and made me worried every time he was on the ball.

Sorry dont agree he improved as the game progressed and with no help in front of him that was difficult against Ritchie.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good - For me Bong is way short of the form of early last season and needs a kick up the ass, hopefully this will do it.

I have always maintained Rosenior is the best left back at the club, this will give us cover in both full back positions :)

Just a goal scoring forward to go to help Mr Murray...[/QUOTE

As you rightly say, Pocognoli will provide extra options in defence. If I was Gaetan Bong though it would worry me that you think Liam Rosenior is a better left back, considering he is right footed and played most of his career either on the right, or at centre back!

I don't disagree though, with the way Bong has started this season.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Agree with BG had Ritchie in his pocket second half vastly improved.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
[tweet]770619334582382592[/tweet]

I stll can't see this one going through?

Goes to ground quite quickly as it looks like he is recovering position after going forward too much. Tackles like a winger.

CH was full back by trade so he must know that position better than any other!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here