Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham West by election: Result Special...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
So, just for the record , you are asserting the election was fixed?

What record, it's a message board not a court of law. Just to say that after some results that had a very large amount of postal votes in comparison with the size of the constituency, and were found to be rigged, coupled with the view that the result was predicted much closer obviously the postal votes could not be taken into account, then i do have doubts.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Why bother fiddling a few postal votes, when you can remove millions of likely opposition voters from the electoral roll in one hit?

2 points though.

1) Why are we doing postal votes? Surely it's not beyond the wit of man to create a more secure electronic method
2) Rather than shooting his mouth off to every media outlet, if Mr Farage has some evidence of electoral fraud he needs to present it to the police.

After a tough week, it's a much needed boost for Corbyn and the Labour Party. It's no biggie though. Anyone on either side presenting otherwise has an agenda.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I'm looking forward to see how Laura Kuenssberg spins this one :lolol:

I heard an interview on the BBC with Tom Watson this morning. The first 4 1/2 minutes focused on the tough week Labour has had with 30 seconds devoted to the interviewer relaying Farage's opinion on the election result. It was both dismaying and hilarious at the same time.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What record, it's a message board not a court of law. Just to say that after some results that had a very large amount of postal votes in comparison with the size of the constituency, and were found to be rigged, coupled with the view that the result was predicted much closer obviously the postal votes could not be taken into account, then i do have doubts.

In that case you should just take comfort from the fact that your party of choice was utterly so annihilated and smashed by Labour, that even if ALL the postal votes had been for UKIP, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
In that case you should just take comfort from the fact that your party of choice was utterly so annihilated and smashed by Labour, that even if ALL the postal votes had been for UKIP, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference.

Fair enough, but in your haste you failed to mention that the UKIP vote would go up by 7000 votes and Labour would have lLOST 7000 votes, a swing of 14000 votes, the result would change and would have made a "blind bit of difference" i'd say.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Ha, a Tory through and through.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Fair enough, but in your haste you failed to mention that the UKIP vote would go up by 7000 votes and Labour would have lLOST 7000 votes, a swing of 14000 votes, the result would change and would have made a "blind bit of difference" i'd say.

And if Christopher Biggins had got everyone who didn't vote to vote for him, he's have been elected :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
In the last few days there had been predictions of a UKIP victory, set against which labour actually increased their share of the vote. That, in anybody's books, has got to be a good result.....

so its a great result because people have talked up one party who didn't deliver? what were the predictions based on, accurate polling or bookies odds? must be part of the new politics.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I was counting at the 2010 election at the Brighton centre. You should have seen the UKIP candidate running around trying to scrape every last vote. Not a word of a lie he tried to convince the hall that somebody writing "**** OFF" across their paper was a vote for UKIP. Seems that spirit is alive and well even though UKIP are dead and buried. Laughable.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Ha, a Tory through and through.

Really, and after stating you would emigrate (many times) if the Tories got in at the GE, and then changing it to going traveling soon, then not so soon, and then starting up a funded business, you are still here. So who are you to doubt.
Read this post and perhaps take on board what i have stated many times......I have never voted Tory, i think most with half a brain on here have realised who i voted for at the last GE.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And if Christopher Biggins had got everyone who didn't vote to vote for him, he's have been elected :shrug:

Friday night drinking thread has not started yet.
By the way, i was answering the post and quote from Simster where he stated quote "even if ALL the postal votes had been for UKIP, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference."

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
:) its not a bad result, lets be fair though it was an expected win for Labour and little to get excited about. its a 1-0 at home. the elation is indication of shear relief that it didn't go badly.

It's true that this isn't a spectacular success by labour. It's a good solid result in their natural territory. The build up to the by-election though suggested labour were in for a bad night and that the "Corbyn effect" would reinvigorate UKIP. That hasn't happened and now the more desperately tribal are reduced to trying to make something out of turnout, postal votes and xenophobic comments about the electorate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Friday night drinking thread has not started yet.
By the way, i was answering the post and quote from Simster where he stated quote "even if ALL the postal votes had been for UKIP, it wouldn't have made a blind bit of difference."

You're probably right. If all of the postal votes had been UKIP then it would have made a difference. So I'll amend my point - unless UKIP had captured 3 quarters of postal votes or more, it wouldn't have made a difference. So it sounds like baseless whinging to me.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
It's true that this isn't a spectacular success by labour. It's a good solid result in their natural territory. The build up to the by-election though suggested labour were in for a bad night and that the "Corbyn effect" would reinvigorate UKIP. That hasn't happened and now the more desperately tribal are reduced to trying to make something out of turnout, postal votes and xenophobic comments about the electorate.

" xenophobic comments"......where are these " xenophobic comments", you were not doing to badly up until then, but you could not resist eh.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Not quite right ..................

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really, and after stating you would emigrate (many times) if the Tories got in at the GE, and then changing it to going traveling soon, then not so soon, and then starting up a funded business, you are still here. So who are you to doubt.
Read this post and perhaps take on board what i have stated many times......I have never voted Tory, i think most with half a brain on here have realised who i voted for at the last GE.

I'm guessing UKIP? You just seem like that kind of ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here