Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oldham West by election: Result Special...

Dec 29, 2011
10% drop for the Tories. Terrible result for them.

Probably a result of all the cuts made by Osborne, plus Cameron's stance on the Syria bombings. The good news for conservatives is that if they get all the bad feeling out of the way now, in five years people will have forgotten their ill-feeling against them and so this result means nothing (also the fact it's Oldham, what did we expect?)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
So, is Jezza marching towards Number 10...?

Could be.

Agree with his politics or not, you have to admire his integrity. That's unusual these days - It will win him votes, especially with disillusioned voters & the young.

If Syria goes tits up, which I think it will, he'll win more support. Imho anyway.

Dec 29, 2011
Could be.

Agree with his politics or not, you have to admire his integrity. That's unusual these days - It will win him votes, especially with disillusioned voters & the young.

If Syria goes tits up, which I think it will, he'll win more support. Imho anyway.

I noticed that Corbyn increased his 'likes' on his Facebook page by 25% since the Syria vote. Seems like his stance gained him a few fans.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I noticed that Corbyn increased his 'likes' on his Facebook page by 25% since the Syria vote. Seems like his stance gained him a few fans.

If true then he has gained some more fans.
However im sure you will agree facebook likes are very much the laziest form of social media and people shouldnt read too much significant into it.
Having a quick squizz on his page he has 430,000 likes..........A bunch of Christian nutjobs called BritainFirst claiming to be a political outfit have 1,100,000 likes........i sort of rest my case,

D

Deleted member 22389

Labour will always do well in areas that are largely populated by migrants.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
dont know what the left are crowing about, they were always going to win this seat but the turn out of 40% and loss of over 6k votes isnt brilliant for Labour.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Tory boys all gone very quiet today as their vote COLLAPSES

Oldham West 2015

General Election May 2015 23,360 voted for Labour
By Election December 2015 17209 voted for Labour

a stunning victory and endorsement of the policies of J Corbyn according to corbynistas

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Oldham West 2015

General Election May 2015 23,360 voted for Labour
By Election December 2015 17209 voted for Labour

a stunning victory and endorsement of the policies of J Corbyn according to corbynistas

Is that really the best you can do ? Please put how the vote percentage has DECLINED compared to 2015 General Election, DOWN 10% which is a SHOCKING result but that is the TORIES

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Is that really the best you can do ? Please put how the vote percentage has DECLINED compared to 2015 General Election, DOWN 10% which is a SHOCKING result but that is the TORIES

The Corbyinstas put everything into this,the full weight of everything at their disposal,no stone unturned
and still 6000 labour supports think he is not worth voting for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here