Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official Match Thread: Syrian air strikes

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cameron should win with a small majority and if he doesn't, we will just have to do this all over again til he gets the result he wants.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've been watching it for about the last 5 hours. There would appear to be more Labour saying they'll support the PM than there are Tories saying they won't.

A lot of hot air (unsurprisingly) but stand out for me so far is David Davis who said the Russians are getting up to 200 targets a day passed to them from Assad, whereas the Americans are getting about 7 from the rebels. He's concerned that it's all very well being willing to drop bombs but we don't know where to drop them.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I've been watching it for about the last 5 hours. There would appear to be more Labour saying they'll support the PM than there are Tories saying they won't.

A lot of hot air (unsurprisingly) but stand out for me so far is David Davis who said the Russians are getting up to 200 targets a day passed to them from Assad, whereas the Americans are getting about 7 from the rebels. He's concerned that it's all very well being willing to drop bombs but we don't know where to drop them.

The Russians bombing is not all "precision" either is it ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Cameron should win with a small majority and if he doesn't, we will just have to do this all over again til he gets the result he wants.

Edit : It should be remembered that this procedure does not apply to Scottish independance referendums.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I hope they vot eyes!

I hope not...
images.jpg

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Lots of Church Hill quotes being flung about!

https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/26640158-mystery-on-church-hill-the-virginia-mysteries-2

"Sam wandered through the dark corridor, keeping a hand on the wall to maintain his balance. The stone floor was uneven, and he caught his toe on a couple of rocks that were sticking up in his path. He was about to give up and turn around when he heard something up ahead. He stopped in his tracks, thinking about Patrick Henry’s ghost. He listened carefully and heard a man’s voice coming from around the bend.”
― Steven K. Smith, Mystery on Church Hill

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"The PM has now treated himself to a sweet. Looked like an extra strong mint"

Good choice, Mr Cameron!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

while it suggests poor intel for the US and co, this probably reflects the quality of target that Syrians are happy to supply "just take out this street, we're sure theres some rebels there, or near there, maybe, in the last week at least".

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Corbyn condemns 'bullying' of Labour MPs over how they vote on airstrikes

Jeremy Corbyn has posted a message on his Facebook page condemning the way some MPs have been treated by their critics over Syria and saying there is no place in the party for “bullying”.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here