Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
football-pundit-ian-holloway_3354494.jpg

Ian Holloway predicts wins for QPR and Ipswich and fancies a crack at the X-Factor

Sky Sports' Ian Holloway predicts the outcome of the big games in the Championship this weekend....
Reading v QPR, Thursday, 7.45pm, Sky Sports 1
Sandro and Alejandro Faurlin could be the difference in this game. That partnership brings great balance to the QPR midfield. I saw that the dressing room gave Sandro a standing ovation for playing 90 minutes after the win at Leeds! That's brilliant. Footballers have periods where they just can't get fit and if he can stay in good nick he's an unbelievable player at this level.
216.png
411.png

[h=3]Reading vs QPR[/h]
December 3, 2015, 7:30pm
Live on
ss1.gif

Having played in that position for QPR, I know how important it is to have a player protecting the back-four. It's all about getting the right blend - you can't have too many tippy-tappy footballers in your first-team, especially in the Championship.*
What is going on at Reading? I can't remember anything like this with the manager openly going to speak to someone else - it's all a bit weird. Fans that see a manager who goes off to get another job are going to question his commitment.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 7/1)
Ipswich v Middlesbrough, Saturday, 12.30pm, Sky Sports 1
157.png
389.png

[h=3]Ipswich vs M'boro[/h]
December 4, 2015, 7:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

This could be a banana skin for Middlesbrough.*
I watched Ipswich tear apart Charlton last weekend and I can see them troubling Boro - they could just have the edge here.*
The big boys at the top like Middlesbrough are a bit of a carrot for the rest of the division. Everybody will raise their game in order to get a result and Ipswich, who are unbeaten in five games, are as good as the teams at the top anyway.
The stats show that Ipswich have had more shots on goal than any other team in the Championship and they've gone through a period where everything the opposition has hit has gone in. That can happen, but Ipswich are coming back strong.
It's typical Mick McCarthy, who is doing a magnificent job with no money.*
The more successful you become, the more fake people can become, but you don't get that with Mick. He's a real person. Did you see his charity single that emerged on the internet from 1991 this week? I think he should go on the X-Factor.
football-mick-mccarthy-ipswich-town_3375002.jpg
football-mick-mccarthy-ipswich-town_3375002.jpg

Mick McCarthy has the voice to make the X-Factor and the ability to drive Ipswich up the table, says Ollie

It can't get much worse than Reggie 'N' Bollie.
I don't know what music they're singing - but they can't sing! I always thought that programme was about singing. Get me on there. We can be Reggie 'N' Ollie! I can do any number which is smooth as silk. Luther Vandross, Nat King Cole. That's a bit of me.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1*(Sky Bet odds 11/1)
Sheffield Wednesday v Derby, Sunday, 1.15pm Sky Sports 1
I really like both these teams. This is one of the games of the weekend. The fans will be spoilt with this one - there is going to be goals, goals, goals.
376.png
295.png

[h=3]Sheff Wed vs Derby[/h]
December 6, 2015, 1:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

Wednesday have an investor who is flashing his money around and I've been very impressed with their results.*They've pulled a couple of gems out of the bag in the transfer market, including Lucas Joao,*and fair play to them. It shows the club are moving in the right direction by having a huge scouting network.
Derby's victory at Hull last weekend was massive. I was delighted to see Jacob Butterfield have his moment. He had a terrible injury, but he's over it now and he's showing everybody what a fantastic player he is. *
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-2*(Sky Bet odds 18/1)
Bolton v Cardiff, Saturday, 3pm
It's shocking what's going on at Bolton. The staff aren't being paid and at the moment, it's just nightmare after nightmare for the club and its fans. It just goes to show what can happen.
I was at Charlton last weekend - look at their fall from grace. Bolton is exactly the same story. Once you get money problems and lose the parachute payments, it will follow you until you can resolve them. Players have got to take cuts if they go down. If they don't get that right, then the problems only intensify. They've got everything there, the stadium, the set-up, but no money.*
cron.php
ollies-predictions-wins-for-qpr-ipswich-and-a-message-for-simon-cowell

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Bolton and Brentford

Cardiff were 2-0 up and looking comfortable against Burnley, but ended up drawing 2-2. That shows the quality the Bluebirds have in their squad. This will be a close game and Neil Lennon is a talented boy, but I'm siding with Cardiff.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 7/1)
Brighton v Charlton, Saturday, 3pm
Charlton were far too inexperienced at the back once Johnnie Jackson went off against Ipswich. I'm concerned for them. The naivety*of their defending was scary. One ball over the top completely opened them up and it's not surprising to see they've lost by three goals on five separate occasions this season. They lack a leader, who not only wants to win but knows how to win.*
16-9

[h=2]Where are the club going? What is their philosophy? f they do want to sign players from the lower leagues in Germany and Spain, then that's an insult to the Championship.[/h]Ollie on Charlton

Where are the club going? What is their philosophy? Are they a team that want to develop young players or do they want to utilise the fact that the owner owns other clubs across Europe for their recruitment. If they do want to sign players from the lower leagues in Germany and Spain, then that's an insult to the Championship. It's only a scratch away from the Premier League. The Charlton hierarchy do a lot of talking and not much walking. **
Brighton will have far too much for them in this one. The unbeaten run will roll on.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-0 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)
Bristol City v Blackburn, Saturday, 3pm
I was a bit stunned at City's 3-0 defeat at Rotherham last weekend, but I'm not surprised that Blackburn are unbeaten in two games under Paul Lambert. They're picking up nicely.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Rotherham and Bristol City

Jonathan Kodjia hasn't scored in three games and maybe City are struggling because of that. He*was in Paris visiting family when the terror attacks struck and he might still be in shock, like we all were - and still are. It was a difficult task to convince him to leave France and come to England as he doesn't speak much of our language. Playing up front with*Aaron*Wilbraham also helped him earlier this season as he sets a lot of thing up for his team-mates. City haven't really strengthened as much as Steve Cotterill wanted to and maybe they're now feeling the effects of that.
jonathan-kodjia-goal-bristol-city-wolves-championship_3372615.jpg
jonathan-kodjia-goal-bristol-city-wolves-championship_3372615.jpg

Jonathan Kodjia (l) of Bristol City hasn't scored in his last three

I fancy an away win with Jordan Rhodes getting the goal - he scores in his sleep.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)
Burnley v Preston, Saturday, 3pm
This is an area of the country I know well, and it's full of fantastic people. Although every time I speak positively about Preston the Blackpool fans must cringe! But I have to be neutral doing this prediction lark.

Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Cardiff and Burnley

I've said it all season, but Burnley have got such a tough chin and they showed that last week at Cardiff. Sean Dyche has got them really well organised at home to the extent that they've only lost once on their own patch.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)
Leeds v Hull, Saturday, 3pm*
Steve Evans has had an impact at Leeds and they'll be very competitive, but Hull, after a midweek League Cup clash, will be bang up for this one. They'll be keen on bouncing back from a disappointing 2-0 home defeat to Derby. It's so competitive at the top of the league, no team can afford too many slip-ups. I know this league very well and it's as good as it has ever been this season.
Snodgrass_3176368.jpg
Snodgrass_3176368.jpg

It's great to see Robert Snodgrass back for Hull, says Ollie

It was great to see Robert Snodgrass come back from 15 months off for Hull in midweek. He's such a talented player. When you've got a long-term injury and you've got to keep seeing the other lads at the training ground, laughing and joking on the pitch, it's mentally very tough. He will be emotional going back to Leeds, who he was very proud to play for. I just hope he doesn't get any stick. I think his team will grind out a victory.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-1 (Sky Bet odds 5/1)

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here