Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

International Tourists Flock to the UK for Football

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Funnily enough we were sat next to a group of Norwegian palace fans on Saturday in our club . Very nice fellas who liked a drink and were very knowledgable on all things palace , it was a pleasure to meet them .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Funnily enough we were sat next to a group of Norwegian palace fans on Saturday in our club . Very nice fellas who liked a drink and were very knowledgable on all things palace , it was a pleasure to meet them .

Bore off you tit

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Well known for creative cladding are the Norwegians.

early-norwegian.jpg

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Did they bring Norwegian caravans with them?

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Flights from over here are quite affordable on Norwegian incomes. I fly over to see around 6 Albion games a year. I fly over on the Friday night and there's always plenty of football supporters on the plane. Occasionally see a palace fan. Mostly arsenal though.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Flights from over here are quite affordable on Norwegian incomes. I fly over to see around 6 Albion games a year. I fly over on the Friday night and there's always plenty of football supporters on the plane. Occasionally see a palace fan. Mostly arsenal though.

Slightly related to the thread, but I've seen the best long-haul flights from the UK to the US are Norwegian Air.
£199 for a direct flight to LA most times in the year, great value!
I just wonder why that is.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Slightly related to the thread, but I've seen the best long-haul flights from the UK to the US are Norwegian Air.
£199 for a direct flight to LA most times in the year, great value!
I just wonder why that is.

They've spent 10 years slowly beating the competition on domestic flights and short haul around Northern Europe based on a simple yet very punctual service. A lot of people fly between cities in Norway as mountains and fjords make driving times long. These people generally use Norwegian as its as easy as taking a bus.

Now they've got something approaching a monopoly here they can afford to do it with long haul flights.

Jan 30, 2008
were you and them wearing pink carnations :love:
regards
DR

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
The club tweeted a photo of a group of Belgian fans who came for the Birmingham game, I wonder how they ended up supporting Brighton.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
When in Singapore 5/6 years ago there were whole page adverts in the Straits Times, advertising flight/hotel/match packages to most premier league teams. As funny as I thought it was, a colleague said he and a few friends had gone to see a Fulham game for a weekend break.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
If I was going abroad to watch a game of football, I'd want to do it in a proper ground full of character. That is probably why you so the vast majority of people from Europe on the European Football Grounds page on Facebook heading for places like Fulham and Brentford. Selhurst may be shit, but you can't deny it has those two qualities

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here