Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chelsea plan to knock down Stamford Bridge and build a new 60,000 capacity stadium

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They get a 60k ground, Spurs are building a 60k ground, Arsenal already have one and West Ham move into theirs next season. There are going to be lots of seats to fill and not sure if they are going to do that week in , week out especially at £60+ a ticket a game
Chelsea and Arsenal will , they are close enough to cental london and fashionable enough for the corporate ''customer'' tottenham and west ham will struggle.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you look at the attendances I think you will realise that the club that struggles most to sell out is Chelsea. With Tottenham improving under Pocchettino they will sell out more often than Chelsea, who have never sold out much during their history

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
And ?? The point is that you couldnt fill it , but once the shiny new stadium arrived ..............

Doesn't that rather depend on how you define 'fill' though? The capacity at Withdean was not the same when we started playing there as when we finished, the first few seasons there, before the capacity was expanded, the stadium was effectively full. After expansion (by about 2,000 seats, 900 of which were in the new away end, and all of which were exposed to the elements) it was noticeable that novelty of the watching a match from Worthing was not particularly attractive to away fans. The average attendance was rarely much below 6,000 in all that time, and over 7,000 in the final season - which as a percentage of capacity is not bad at all..

Yes, there were some games where only a couple of thousand would turn up... but the same could be said for any game played in the Paint Pot anywhere in the country.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Chelsea and Arsenal will , they are close enough to cental london and fashionable enough for the corporate ''customer'' tottenham and west ham will struggle.

No they won't Spurs will be easy, huge demand & hammers will simply price to fill
Btw anyone know how hammers ST sales are going for next year?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Doesn't that rather depend on how you define 'fill' though? The capacity at Withdean was not the same when we started playing there as when we finished, the first few seasons there, before the capacity was expanded, the stadium was effectively full. After expansion (by about 2,000 seats, 900 of which were in the new away end, and all of which were exposed to the elements) it was noticeable that novelty of the watching a match from Worthing was not particularly attractive to away fans. The average attendance was rarely much below 6,000 in all that time, and over 7,000 in the final season - which as a percentage of capacity is not bad at all..

Yes, there were some games where only a couple of thousand would turn up... but the same could be said for any game played in the Paint Pot anywhere in the country.
you can hardly talk about percentage of capacity as a defence , if it was a 3000 capacity and 2700 turned up would you be quoting those figures ? The point is , that yolu have acquired lots of new fans since bloom turned up and the stadium got built , you can talk about returning fans all you like , but if you do then the same could be applied to chelsea.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When was the last time Chelsea sold out? They will always sell out the away section but not the home. I must admit a friend of the family who is in Met Police and covers all the grounds says it is the worst stadium in London I assume he means Premier.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
They get a 60k ground, Spurs are building a 60k ground, Arsenal already have one and West Ham move into theirs next season. There are going to be lots of seats to fill and not sure if they are going to do that week in , week out especially at £60+ a ticket a game

West Ham will struggle the most once people have been to their new ground and seen how shite the view is.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No they won't Spurs will be easy, huge demand & hammers will simply price to fill
Btw anyone know how hammers ST sales are going for next year?
They're sold out, but their capacity is only 40000, as for spurs , youre talking out of youre arse.

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
Says it all. I can't get my head round supporting two teams. The big quesion of course is if we go up and play Chelsea at the Amex next year who will you support given you are a Brighton season ticket holder?

maxresdefault.jpg

Of course, it wasn't always like that. I used to support... er? Manchester United. But then, you had to support them where I came from in... erm... Hampstead.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
When was the last time Chelsea sold out? They will always sell out the away section but not the home. I must admit a friend of the family who is in Met Police and covers all the grounds says it is the worst stadium in London I assume he means Premier.

Your friend thinks that Stamford Bridge is a 'worse' stadium than Selhurst Park or Vicarage Road? He's not a detective, I take it?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I.E you cant , you just gave the usual pavlovian reaction at the mention of chelsea , says a lot about your own insecurity to be honest.

As do all your racist posts.......?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I dont think so as I know a chap who hasnt missed a game and gets his on line at the last minute?
the game vs porto is sold out ,vs leicester on the 14th is sold out vs sunderland on the 19th is sold out, vs watford on the 26th is sold out, still tickets available for bournemouth on saturday, but they will sell out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here