Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting XI for Charlton

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Caldy in for Rosenior, obvs, but other than that the only issue is whether or not Wilson starts instead of Hemed, other than that team picks itself after last Saturday surely? I think he'll start with Sir Bobby and Hemed again. God he needs a goal.

Would love to see Wilson from the start, just like everyone else but think other than Calde it'll be an unchanged lineup. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Would love to see Wilson from the start, just like everyone else but think other than Calde it'll be an unchanged lineup. If it ain't broken don't fix it!

Totally agree with this. Unfortunately it's probably time for Hemed to have a couple of games out to try and regain his confidence. Personally I'd want Uwe back instead of Greer based on the last two games, but I suspect Greer will keep his place which isn't the end of the world by any stretch.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Totally agree with this. Unfortunately it's probably time for Hemed to have a couple of games out to try and regain his confidence. Personally I'd want Uwe back instead of Greer based on the last two games, but I suspect Greer will keep his place which isn't the end of the world by any stretch.

Are you serious Greer has been a revelation since coming back? If Uwe is recalled surely it will be for LD not GG.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Calde for Rosenior clearly.

Ive given it a lot of thought, and as much as I want Bobby to start I would go with Hemed and Wilson.

Hes working bloody hard and a bit of luck will change everything for Hemed, it seems a good opportunity to get back to scoring ways against Charlton perhaps.

I also think Hemed isnt really the sort to change a game from the bench unlike Bobby has proven too this season already.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Not sure how dropping Hemed will help him regain his confidence?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Team to hammer Charlton

Stockdale

Bruno-Dunk-Greer-Calderon

March-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy

Hemed-Wilson

Subs: Zamora +6

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
People saying things like 'if we start Hemed he'll get the goal he needs' and 'when we're 3 up bring the youth players on' clearly haven't been watching the Championship very long.

This Charlton side beat Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham, recently. There are no easy games in this league whatsoever.

We've not beaten anyone by more than the single goal, not even Rotherham, who are below Charlton in the table.

Bobby and Wilson for me, Calde LB, and Hemed to replace Bobby on around the 60 minute mark.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stockdale

Bruno-Dunk-Greer-Calderon

March-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy

Hemed-Zamora

I cant see why Hughton will change a winning team, Dropping Hemed would be a huge knock to his confidence and Zamora is on fire at the moment so dropping him would be a silly move.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
For Charlton I reckon it will be Hemed and Bobby again. Then Wilson comes on.
It's a mentality where you can have impact subs and make the most of what you got.

Then for Derby it will be Bobby and Wilson. (Unless Hemed scores in the Charlton game).
Put the throttle on straight away.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Hunemeier
van La Parra

March
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Zamora

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Calderon, Crofts, Ince, Murphy, Wilson

dr415414

May 6, 2015
Just to mention that the forecast for Saturday is for biblical rain so will be a heavy pitch. Will that have any bearing on older legs when it comes to selection?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Are you serious Greer has been a revelation since coming back? If Uwe is recalled surely it will be for LD not GG.

Just a personal opinion - as I said, it isn't the end of the world if Greer keeps his place. But yes, I am serious. I certainly haven't seen the form you're describing since he's returned to the team.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Should start with Wilson and have Zamora on the bench. If Baldock were fit he'd likely start with Hemed - Wilson is a match for Baldock's role so why not come out guns-blazing.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Not sure how dropping Hemed will help him regain his confidence?

Well you don't sell it to him as "you're being dropped", unless of course he's the type of player that reacts well to criticism and you want to force him to reflect on his game. But of course having time out of the spotlight, particularly for a striker that isn't scoring goals, will help certain players regain their confidence.

Anyway, that was just my personal opinion for what I'd do. Hughton will go with Zamora and Hemed because he doesn't like to change his first 11 around unless absolutely necessary.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale

Bruno
Greer
Hunemeier
van La Parra

March
Kayal
Stephens
Murphy

Hemed
Zamora

Subs: Maenpaa, Dunk, Calderon, Crofts, Ince, Murphy, Wilson

Creative selection of the untried right winger at left back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am now persuaded by the argument that we need as many minutes as possible from Bobby for Derby and QPR away, so would have him on the bench for this one, and start with Hemed and Wilson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here