Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southampton plan £7.5m raid on Brighton for Solly March

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I always love the uproar a rumour about a player causes.

He's our player.

Until the day someone offers money which is TOO GOOD to refuse, he will be our player.

When he is no longer our player, we will instead have a shed load of money which was too good to refuse.

It's win win.

Transfers are very simple.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That is correct I dont know enough about him, as per everybody else on here, and such can only give an opinion based on my interpretation of what I have read about him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I always love the uproar a rumour about a player causes.

He's our player.

Until the day someone offers money which is TOO GOOD to refuse, he will be our player.

When he is no longer our player, we will instead have a shed load of money which was too good to refuse.

It's win win.

Transfers are very simple.

This is all true ONLY IF you have all your players tied to long contracts.

See the departure of Ashley Barnes - still hugely valuable to the side, and sold for a modest sum - because he was 4 months from the end of his deal.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This is all true ONLY IF you have all your players tied to long contracts.

See the departure of Ashley Barnes - still hugely valuable to the side, and sold for a modest sum - because he was 4 months from the end of his deal.

I often wonder if the players signing on fee as based on the saving on transfer fee eg player valued at £2m sold for £800k near end of contract so a saving of £1200k give the player £600k the only losers are the selling club.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I often wonder if the players signing on fee as based on the saving on transfer fee eg player valued at £2m sold for £800k near end of contract so a saving of £1200k give the player £600k the only losers are the selling club.

Well, obviously the player in that position, or even out of contract completely, has the power in those negotiations, and will be looking for the best available deal, whether that be a big signing on fee, or higher wages.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well, obviously the player in that position, or even out of contract completely, has the power in those negotiations, and will be looking for the best available deal, whether that be a big signing on fee, or higher wages.

I would suggest it happens quite a lot, then clubs can stick to a "ceiling" on wages.....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think it is more likely in the signing on fee than wages as that is a one off where as wages are on going and the details could leak out and cause unrest amongst other playersl

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Seventeen pages about a load of gash in the Mirror?
Roll on January.

I'll hazard a guess you mean February.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here