Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney, Vardy or Bronze?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
As an avid athletics fan I was very pleased when Ennis won the world championships but her winning score of 6669 pts was way behind her UK record of 6,955 pts and the competition wasn't great. Mo Farrah beat a much stronger field in both the 5 and 10k, although i'm not saying that he should win. One sportsman that has been completely overlooked is our first MotoGP world champion since Barry Sheene: Danny Kent albeit in the MotoGP 3 class.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Happy to give it a go these days, Daley must be in his mid 60s and suffering from some problems with his joints after his career.

Still at least he had a personality, unlike Saint Jessica.
Jealous prick.

Are you saying all athletes should struggle financially even when they achieve massive success? Should she have turned down the money after working ridiculously hard for years to achieve what she has?

I shouldn't even bother because you're a troll but seriously, get a f*cking grip you tit.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Jealous prick.

Are you saying all athletes should struggle financially even when they achieve massive success? Should she have turned down the money after working ridiculously hard for years to achieve what she has?

I shouldn't even bother because you're a troll but seriously, get a f*cking grip you tit.

Calm down Mavis, I'm entitled to my view.

I have not said her ladyship isn't value for her riches, if multi national corporates want to pay her to hawk their goods, then no doubt they will pay a fair value. I have no axe to grind on that score.

I don't think however that she is working any harder than other successful athletes whose lives have not been blessed by media and associated capitalists, as mentioned previously Pavey and Clitheroe achieved success without a the triple garage with a gratis 5 litre Jag.

In short Jess doesn't need the gong to go with her bulging bank balance, in my own view is that Hayley Turner should have been nominated.........not dropped a kid yet, but brilliant role model for aspiring female athletes and sports women.

Opinions eh?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Calm down Mavis, I'm entitled to my view.

I have not said her ladyship isn't value for her riches, if multi national corporates want to pay her to hawk their goods, then no doubt they will pay a fair value. I have no axe to grind on that score.

I don't think however that she is working any harder than other successful athletes whose lives have not been blessed by media and associated capitalists, as mentioned previously Pavey and Clitheroe achieved success without a the triple garage with a gratis 5 litre Jag.

In short Jess doesn't need the gong to go with her bulging bank balance, in my own view is that Hayley Turner should have been nominated.........not dropped a kid yet, but brilliant role model for aspiring female athletes and sports women.

Opinions eh?

Not won anything of note though!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pavey and Clitheroe were cases in point, both far more compelling stories of getting to the top without handouts from bankers than lady muck.

As for her sporting prowess do me a favour, the heptathlete is jack of all trades master of none.................they are rubbish.

This is so much drivel. Ennis has won more national titles in 100m / 60m hurdles than either Pavey or Clitheroe have won in their own individual events! And she held the British High Jump record at one point.

Her 100m hurdles time in the 2012 Olympic Heptathlon would have put her FOURTH in the final of the individual event, and her time in the 200m would have made the individual final.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Opinions. Yours was a nasty hatchet job for which you have been back-tracking ever since.

If you are in a hole, my tip is to stop digging.

There is no hole or any digging, this is a thread about the 2015 BBC SPOTY and we are discussing the merits of the media's favourite multi millionaire sports woman.

I am never going to convince her fan club's opus dei constituency that her claim this year is a sham, but that wont stop me from expressing my own personal view that their are other more worthy contenders for SPOTY than her or, by the way her other multi millionaire sporting peers.

If my irreverent sentiments sting her ultras, or her precious, heavily formulated skin, I am sure through her tear stained eyes she will be able to cheer herself up by looking at her bank balance online, ordering the servants about a bit or popping out to the triple garage to sit in the 5 litre Jag.

Poor girl.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Not won anything of note though!

Best British woman jockey by a country mile, and just as her career was peaking a couple of years ago she had a terrible accident which resulted in a serious head injury meant which she had to come back.

And come back she did.................beating men that she competes with equally in her sport by the way.

Can Jess say the same?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Best British woman jockey by a country mile, and just as her career was peaking a couple of years ago she had a terrible accident which resulted in a serious head injury meant which she had to come back.

And come back she did.................beating men that she competes with equally in her sport by the way.

Can Jess say the same?

She sits on the back of a sodding HORSE, ffs. Of course she can 'compete equally with men'. What an amazingly pointless comparison.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
This is so much drivel. Ennis has won more national titles in 100m / 60m hurdles than either Pavey or Clitheroe have won in their own individual events! And she held the British High Jump record at one point.

Her 100m hurdles time in the 2012 Olympic Heptathlon would have put her FOURTH in the final of the individual event, and her time in the 200m would have made the individual final.

To you maybe, as far as I am concerned Pavey and Clitheroe were not assisted in their sporting comebacks following births of their children by sponsorship money generated from corporate bankers who made their money criminally shilliing PPIs and what have you to the general public..............that's why I think their efforts are all the more worthy.

Ennis is the Man Utd of women's sport, I dont like seeing them have all the exposure, sucess and money at the expense of smaller clubs who are just as worthy (if not more so), and I the same applies to her ladyship.

I know that Man Utd supporters in the pub and in places Devon dont like it when their beloved club is correctly called out as corporatist wet dream, but there you are.

And no, you make my point.............maybe she would have won a proper Gold medal in a proper discipline if she had concentrated on one sport, but she didnt so ends up with a medal in a sporting version of Opportunity Knocks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
To you maybe, you should check out Victoria Pendleton is getting on just sitting on a sodding horse..........

Not sure why I'm wasting my time, as clearly you are just trolling, but Pendleton is just playing at a second career, after a highly succesful proper one. Her lack of progress is again a POINTLESS comparison.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here