Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney, Vardy or Bronze?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Murray basically won the Davis Cup by himself.

In a GOOD year of sport that would make him a contender.

In a pretty poor year it makes only him and Jessica Ennis as possibilities. Murray's stunning performance concluding in late November also will keep it fresh in the mind.

A 'pretty poor' year?

Really?

In 2015, we have regained the Ashes, won the Davis Cup for the first time in 80 years, won numerous swimming and athletics World titles, won our first gymnastics World title, the Formula One World title, had the most succesful ever Women's World Cup and now have the heavyweight Champion of the World.

What for you would constitute a 'good' year!?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Yes, Yorkshire's favourite multi millionaire girl next door has certainly had a lot on her plate in the last year with her numerous sponsorship commitments to multi nationals, dodging the testers and building her own 45 bedroom Palace up in the Peak District to be able to run about a bit and chuck stuff.

Pavey and Clitheroe last year were far more compelling contenders if you are looking at inspirational ladies returning to work from maternity..........lets see if chemical Jess can succeed after No 3.

**** me it's only a £1m 4 bedroomed house.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jessica-enniss-1m-new-home-8425304.html

What did she do to you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Tyson Fury should be a WALKOVER but won't be because he's a nasty opinionated gobshite, with zero chance of polling enough votes in what is essentially a popularity contest.

Fixed for you.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Good as scoring in 11 matches in a row is, I don't think it compares to having a baby, coming back and becoming world champion again as Jessica Ennis-Hill has done. Murray and Hamilton have already won it the last two years, Froome is a worthy contender but is not as inspiration a figure as Jessica.

For me it's Ennis, Froome, Murray in that order.

Froome needed to have given birth to a baby to have got my vote.
Successful as Murray has been his hair is dreadful....... So he's out.
I dislike Hamilton immensely.

So Jess it is.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Sports team of the year...unbeaten in the Championship...Brighton and Hove Albion

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
A 'pretty poor' year?

Really?

In 2015, we have regained the Ashes, won the Davis Cup for the first time in 80 years, won numerous swimming and athletics World titles, won our first gymnastics World title, the Formula One World title, had the most succesful ever Women's World Cup and now have the heavyweight Champion of the World.

What for you would constitute a 'good' year!?

You've forget Steve Prescott from West Sussex crowned World Conker champion in October of this year.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You started your reposte having a dig at the fact Ennis has made a few quid - who cares, apart from you? Anyway, whatever she's earned it's a drop in the ocean compared to the woeful defenders of Newcastle Utd or the toothless strikers of Aston Villa and she deserves what she gets.

I get that there are other quality female athlete out there but Ennis excels in SEVEN different disciplines, her all-round ability marks her out. This means when she practises she doesn't just spend time in the gym and then go on a long run, she has a daily regime of practising at 7 different disciplines and then going back home to look after her kid.

I am not having a dig at Jess for being a multi millionaire, far from it good luck to her, however with such vast resources at her fingertips she has the ability to manage her life far more effectively than other athletes who are just as dedicated but are not shills for global capitalists. Pavey and Clitheroe were cases in point, both far more compelling stories of getting to the top without handouts from bankers than lady muck.

As for her sporting prowess do me a favour, the heptathlete is jack of all trades master of none.................they are rubbish.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
A quick remender to all, that YOU are legally responsible for what you write on line.

I'm assuming you have some inside knowledge to back up your serious allegations?

Thanks, but I am merely reflecting the recent stories of the state of world athletics, which is in a terrible state largely due to the consequences of wide spread doping.

Sadly clean athletes are caught up in this storm, and if those at the top were as concerned about doping as they were abot feathering their own nests, then public confidence maybe restored.

Banning the Russkies is just bullying, at this point it may be better to just let the atheletes dope.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
**** me it's only a £1m 4 bedroomed house.
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/jessica-enniss-1m-new-home-8425304.html

What did she do to you?

Only a £1m? Jeez you tories are literally everywhere these days.

That story says it all though doesnt it............

"Jessica Ennis, golden girl of London 2012, now has a luxurious new home to go with her medal."

With sponsorship deals pouring in, the champion Olympic heptathlete has swapped her £330,000 semi for a £1 million property.

The brand-new four-bedroom house has scenic views over the Peak District and celebrity neighbours include former England footballer Chris Waddle and cricketer Michael Vaughan.

The sandstone property includes a huge kitchen with porcelain floors and bespoke granite worktops. There is a billiard room, three receptionrooms and a stone-flagged “entertaining terrace”.

The triple garage should comfortably accommodate Ennis’s five-litre £78,930 Jaguar XKR, given to her as part of a sponsorship package.

Ennis came second to Tour de France winner and Olympic gold cyclist Bradley Wiggins in BBC Sports Personality of the Year on Sunday at a ceremony at ExCeL, where she wore a £2,450 Victoria Beckham dress. She is said to be on course to make £5 million in sponsorship deals after her stellar Olympic performance.

“She plans to install electronic gates so that fans cannot knock on the door,” added the source.

Sports Personality of the Year..................I should coco.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Thanks, but I am merely reflecting the recent stories of the state of world athletics, which is in a terrible state largely due to the consequences of wide spread doping.

Sadly clean athletes are caught up in this storm, and if those at the top were as concerned about doping as they were abot feathering their own nests, then public confidence maybe restored.

Banning the Russkies is just bullying, at this point it may be better to just let the atheletes dope.

Ridiculous attempt at a swerve! Your post was aimed at one particular athlete and worded to imply that you had knowledge or, at the very least, had heard stories that she had evaded testers and also that she 'chemicals' in her system.

I suspect that if she or her lawyers saw that they would consider that to be libel. Unless of course you have evidence.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Only a £1m? Jeez you tories are literally everywhere these days.

That story says it all though doesnt it............

"Jessica Ennis, golden girl of London 2012, now has a luxurious new home to go with her medal."

With sponsorship deals pouring in, the champion Olympic heptathlete has swapped her £330,000 semi for a £1 million property.

The brand-new four-bedroom house has scenic views over the Peak District and celebrity neighbours include former England footballer Chris Waddle and cricketer Michael Vaughan.

The sandstone property includes a huge kitchen with porcelain floors and bespoke granite worktops. There is a billiard room, three receptionrooms and a stone-flagged “entertaining terrace”.

The triple garage should comfortably accommodate Ennis’s five-litre £78,930 Jaguar XKR, given to her as part of a sponsorship package.

Ennis came second to Tour de France winner and Olympic gold cyclist Bradley Wiggins in BBC Sports Personality of the Year on Sunday at a ceremony at ExCeL, where she wore a £2,450 Victoria Beckham dress. She is said to be on course to make £5 million in sponsorship deals after her stellar Olympic performance.

“She plans to install electronic gates so that fans cannot knock on the door,” added the source.

Sports Personality of the Year..................I should coco.

1. "Mum has baby and gets bigger house" shock.
2. Recent winner Andy Murray's annual income dwarfs that of Ennis.
3. Last year's winner Lewis Hamilton's annual income dwarfs that of Andy Murray.
4. Other winners of recent memory - Beckham, Giggs, Zara Phillips weren't short of a few quid either.
5. Is it coz I iz black?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Tyson Fury should be a WALKOVER but won't be because a TIDDLY WINK player will get it for coming 13th in the World Championships

Didn't he say the other day Ernest that he fights for Ireland. He's exempt then surely ?

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Cunning Fergus sounds like a jealous athlete who got caught doping.

Why the hate for one of our best ever athletes? To say she's a jack of all trades and master of nothing is bloody harsh.

If Mr Fergus has a job I bet he's mediocre at it. Give him a couple of tasks and he'll fail. Kinda like a labourer saying he's a builder....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Why the hate for one of our best ever athletes? To say she's a jack of all trades and master of nothing is bloody harsh.

If Mr Fergus has a job I bet he's mediocre at it. Give him a couple of tasks and he'll fail. Kinda like a labourer saying he's a builder....

Love to see him say the same thing to Daley Thompson's face!

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Ridiculous attempt at a swerve! Your post was aimed at one particular athlete and worded to imply that you had knowledge or, at the very least, had heard stories that she had evaded testers and also that she 'chemicals' in her system.

I suspect that if she or her lawyers saw that they would consider that to be libel. Unless of course you have evidence.

Ha, I will take my chances..........if her lawyers have the imagination you do, no doubt there will be more charges to follow.

Quite what they will make about my slur about her 54 room palace I don't know........

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
1. "Mum has baby and gets bigger house" shock.
2. Recent winner Andy Murray's annual income dwarfs that of Ennis.
3. Last year's winner Lewis Hamilton's annual income dwarfs that of Andy Murray.
4. Other winners of recent memory - Beckham, Giggs, Zara Phillips weren't short of a few quid either.
5. Is it coz I iz black?

Fair points, bar 5.......isn't that the same as saying Obama is white?

Point about 2, 3 and 4 is that the prize money/wages is a much, much bigger part of the pie for tennis stars, football players, racing drivers.........athletes don't get anywhere near that so they make their money hawking products for their corporatist pimps.

Santander for example have been embroiled in PPI and other consumer related scandals; those shilling for banks like that should be ashamed of themselves.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009

Irreverence is not hate...........it's not even contempt.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Love to see him say the same thing to Daley Thompson's face!

Happy to give it a go these days, Daley must be in his mid 60s and suffering from some problems with his joints after his career.

Still at least he had a personality, unlike Saint Jessica.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here