Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six months in the TORY government in is a TOTAL shambles

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The facts speak for themselves but if anyone thinks the Tories have failed, think again. They have been hugely successful in what they have set out to do. Make their rich chums richer and the poor poorer. You think they for one second care about ANYTHING other than creating an Elitist nation with their type on top then you're more foolish than I thought. They have triumphed in their mission. They spit in our faces and don't even bother to make excuses anymore. Pure scum. Tory voters, hang your heads in shame, hang your bloody heads .

PMSL, btw when are you leaving this sinking ship, I do appreciate you are supporting a sick relative btw!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There are other threads to talk about the opposition.

Is your only response to criticism of this government to revert to a pop at Labour, and celebrate the abandoning a terrible policy? Crikey.

It would not be my 'only response' if I felt there was any merit in getting embroiled in this tit-for-tat, knockabout, politics-of-the-playground sort of time-wasting diversion from more important things :)

Now... where can I buy a bargain 55" UltraHD TV? or should it be 4K? and is there any difference, and if so, which one will turn out to be the betamax of TV formats?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The facts speak for themselves but if anyone thinks the Tories have failed, think again. They have been hugely successful in what they have set out to do. Make their rich chums richer and the poor poorer. You think they for one second care about ANYTHING other than creating an Elitist nation with their type on top then you're more foolish than I thought. They have triumphed in their mission. They spit in our faces and don't even bother to make excuses anymore. Pure scum. Tory voters, hang your heads in shame, hang your bloody heads .

Quality rant Sir! Have you thought about comedy writing as a career?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm the same. I've never voted Tory in my life (5 GEs), but the coalition and the current lot seem to be doing ok in my opinion.

And of the 3 traditional main parties, they seem to be the only one that aren't a shambles right now.

Seriously? What on earth is it you think they have done right? Same question to anyone else still with the Tories.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed.

I'm a Labour voter, but I'll never vote for Corbyn. There must be many thousands like me.
But surely there were thousands more Labour voters who felt they couldn't vote for yet another Torylite leader.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
But surely there were thousands more Labour voters who felt they couldn't vote for yet another Torylite leader.

so doesn't that make it all the more disappointing he hasn't had the gumption to stand up to the Labour MPs and whip the Syria vote?

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I assume you're referring to the trotskis and student union opposition hand picked and now led by Red Len McClusky. Its a bit unfair to call Lens comedy puppet 'leaderless and without direction', Len is trying to lead him back to the 70's.

All hail the IRA sympathisers, 7/7 apologists, utopian dreamers with no grip on reality. It took just 5 years to lose Scotland entirely, it will take 5 months to lose the rest of the UK bar the small and irrelevant extreme left hardcore pining for the 1970's (the last time they had any relevance prior to bankrupting the UK).

Youve lost Scotland, you've lost the ALL IMPORTANT centre, you've lost ever returning as a government. Enjoy your lunatic debating chambers, nobody outside is listening and the country NEVER will.

What's this bankrupting the UK myth you speak of? Is it the bit where they steered us through a massive worldwide banking crisis with it's roots in Thatcher / Reagan deregulation? Was it the bit where they grew the economy and workers wages? Or was it the bit where the tax take from the grown economy shrank because of massive tax evasion by corporations aided and abetted by those close to our current government, who have relaxed the tax regime, reduced the numbers of those tasked with policing it and given gongs to many of those who should be jailed.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Oh yeah, and what about the abandoning of the tax credit reductions.. how does that constitute 'spitting in our faces' and 'making their rich chums richer and the poor poorer'?

Because they realised it might harm them electorally. This is the danger when you're relying on 24% of the electorate who voted for you because you'd take money away from other people.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Meanwhile back in the real world the economy is growing, record employment figures, and Labour are making themselves more unelectable everyday, which is slightly worrying as Jesus will get sacked soon and they might get somebody who can actually run a credible opposition.

And in that same real world no credible economists back Gideon and the austerity con. Growth has been slowed by his idealogically driven policies and is taking place in spite of him not because of him. Meanwhile the growth in employment masks continued low real pay (record numbers at food banks) and proliferation of zero hours contracts etc. They're taking most of us for complete mugs and must piss themselves laughing at the lower / middle income supporters taken in. Perversely, the only Tories I have some time for are those that accept this and say they agree/don't care. At least they get it and are not kidding themselves or trying to kid anyone else.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And in that same real world no credible economists back Gideon and the austerity con. Growth has been slowed by his idealogically driven policies and is taking place in spite of him

Highest growth in Europe?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
What's this bankrupting the UK myth you speak of? Is it the bit where they steered us through a massive worldwide banking crisis with it's roots in Thatcher / Reagan deregulation? Was it the bit where they grew the economy and workers wages? Or was it the bit where the tax take from the grown economy shrank because of massive tax evasion by corporations aided and abetted by those close to our current government, who have relaxed the tax regime, reduced the numbers of those tasked with policing it and given gongs to many of those who should be jailed.
They didnt, brown was like a rabbit in the headlights , he simply did what mervyn king told him to do.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
And in that same real world no credible economists back Gideon and the austerity con. Growth has been slowed by his idealogically driven policies and is taking place in spite of him not because of him. Meanwhile the growth in employment masks continued low real pay (record numbers at food banks) and proliferation of zero hours contracts etc. They're taking most of us for complete mugs and must piss themselves laughing at the lower / middle income supporters taken in. Perversely, the only Tories I have some time for are those that accept this and say they agree/don't care. At least they get it and are not kidding themselves or trying to kid anyone else.
really ? The (then) governor of the bank of england seemed to appreciate the situation:http://www.theguardian.com/business/2010/apr/29/mervyn-king-warns-election-victor

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Because they realised it might harm them electorally. This is the danger when you're relying on 24% of the electorate who voted for you because you'd take money away from other people.

Though of course they are still taking money away from the same people, just slightly differently. They'll vet QT guests better in future.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
They didnt, brown was like a rabbit in the headlights , he simply did what mervyn king told him to do.

Good advice from Mervyn then. That economic summit led by Brown got voted the most effective in history by a right wing think tank.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Vote Tory get INCOMPETENCE

Vote Tory get SLEAZE

Vote Tory get SHAFTED

You were WARNED but didn't LISTEN

:lolol:

It must hurt Ernest, to have been sooooo wrong in the lead up to the election, to have been sooooo confident in your view that red Ed was the answer and yet to fail to spectacularly. And now sooooo confident in your view on the current state of the government and that Looney Jeremy is the answer......

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Double post

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here