Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meanwhile, over in Switzerland...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Spot on. Get a job as defensive coach somewhere Sami......

This.

Lewis Dunk came on leaps and bounds during Sami's time.
Scoring goals from corners was also a noticeable change.

I suspect Sami is probably a decent coach.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I confess that following both Gus and Sami's post- Albion careers is morbidly fascinating.

Me too. In fact I often find myself checking the line-ups of clubs our ex-players are now with to see how they are getting on too.

Not sure why some people on here get so worked up about a bit of natural curiosity. All part of the weird game that is being a football supporter.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can't stand it, which is why I hate myself for writing it.

It's just the longer this run has gone on Hughton is becoming more fascinating because that's the one thing he isn't.
Chances are we could play back his post match after losing 1-0 @ Rotherham and it would be almost identical to yesterday, having overseen a fabulous team performance.

The guy is just so professional.

To be fair, as more and more of these prem managers go, the Swansea guy probably next, I can see hughton becoming more in the frame. He has a reasonable record and someone like Swansea would fit him to a T. After Christmas a lot of clubs will be looking round for managers to keep them in the prem or consolidate and that could be where we lose him. As sad as that would be, unfortunately that is how this business works.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, as more and more of these prem managers go, the Swansea guy probably next, I can see hughton becoming more in the frame. He has a reasonable record and someone like Swansea would fit him to a T. After Christmas a lot of clubs will be looking round for managers to keep them in the prem or consolidate and that could be where we lose him. As sad as that would be, unfortunately that is how this business works.
It is, but I can see his lack of 'showbiz' working against him, and in the Albion's favour.

No Swansea fan is going to be clamouring for Hughton.
Why go to Bournemouth, while clearly Norwich and Newcastle are unlikely to tempt him.

I think Hughton is here for the long term.
At least he better be, NSC is finally spelling his name right, high praise indeed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Poor old Sami. Sort of feel for the bloke. Even the law of averages seems to constantly be working against him. Seriously, me or thee would have won about as many points as he has done as a manager.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I must admit I'm struggling to think of a good (international or world class) player that has made the grade as a top coach or manager. I suppose you could say Johann Cruyff and um . . .

Dalglish - a double with Liverpool and a Prem win with another club is a pretty decent return

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Of course Liverpool and Blackburn. To be honest he inherited a Bob Paisley team intact first time round. With Blackburn didn't Jack Taylor splash the cash and bought the title?

Jack Walker :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Of course Liverpool and Blackburn. To be honest he inherited a Bob Paisley team intact first time round. With Blackburn didn't Jack Taylor splash the cash and bought the title?

Hmmm.. Dalglish won his third title in 1989/90, that's seven years after Paisley retired. And, yes, Jack Walker splashed the cash but that doesn't mean that the title is automatically won. Just ask Louis van Gaal ...

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East
I must admit I'm struggling to think of a good (international or world class) player that has made the grade as a top coach or manager. I suppose you could say Johann Cruyff and um . . .

Carlo Ancelotti

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here