Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Roast!

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
These chain carveries do vary wildly from branch to branch. Not a great fan of that one either.

Absolutely, we had one open up in Bridgend a few years or so ago, it was amazing at first, food, service quality of everything was very good, now I wouldnt go in there if someone else was paying! it is still quite busy, but with people you don't really want to sit near whilst eating, it has sadly gone downhill fast in my (and many others) opinion.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
My house.

This. My wife has just served up terrific roast beef and Yorkshire. Beautiful roast potatoes, and a range of veg. Bread and butter pudding to follow.

Out on a limb here. Live in Westdene and have only been to Sportsman carvery twice. Food was gash, both times, either over or under cooked.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The roast at The Bevy is fantastic: huge portions at a reasonable price. It's the only place we'd go in Brighton

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
This. My wife has just served up terrific roast beef and Yorkshire. Beautiful roast potatoes, and a range of veg. Bread and butter pudding to follow.

Out on a limb here. Live in Westdene and have only been to Sportsman carvery twice. Food was gash, both times, either over or under cooked.

Bread and butter pudding! I haven't had that for years :down:

getz

Jan 15, 2010
A bit out in the sticks. The Alford Barn,Alford. Lovely generous portions, with extra topping ups if you can find room.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am now settling down for a few episodes of Beck after the most satisfying lamb shank I've had in ages.

Feel a little drowsy, but totally relaxed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's not Brighton, but just had the roast in the Lewes Arms. Not bad, but the roasties were a bit overdone and it had beetroot in it. I love the stuff but it doesn't belong in a Sunday lunch

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had a great roast leg of pork with homemade sauce, none of your Colemans stuff with Roasties and 6 veg including parsnips and cauliflower cheese many thanks to her who has to be obeyed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a great roast leg of pork with homemade sauce, none of your Colemans stuff with Roasties and veg including parsnips many thank to her who has to be obeyed.

Similar here but I did it. Rolled pork belly with herbs, garlic and pepper crust (loads of crackling), roasted carrots, parsnip and leek, garlic mash and a white wine gravy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Similar here but I did it. Rolled pork belly with herbs, garlic and pepper crust (loads of crackling), roasted carrots, parsnip and leek, garlic mash and a white wine gravy.

Both wife and I love pork belly as it tastes great with both fat and crackling and in comparison to other cuts it is very cheap. We had our leg with sprouts, carrots, swede peas Cauliflower cheese and wife covered the fresh parsnips in honey before roasting they were gorgeous add crispy roasties, have to be Naris Piper, what a lovely meal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here