Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bookies price for us to be Champions

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we can take 3 pts off either 'Boro or Derby or draw both games which at moment is not out of the realms of possibility then have a cheeky punt.
Yes but if we are still unbeaten after the Boro game, you can kiss goodbye to 11/2 or anything like that. If Derby and Boro fail to beat us we will be 3/1 at best, probably nearer 5/2.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
BetVictor offering 9/1 on BURNLEY.

That to me is pretty generous. If Gray keeps scoring, Barnes is back soon, and they strengthen further in January, they could very well win it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Massive.

(To be fair to BV that 9/1 was before they dropped points on Saturday, so they might be a littl more generous now, too)

Yep, now 10s.

Regardless, I think Burnley are the only value bet on the outright win. Surely now, the winner WILL come from the current top 5 (BHA, Hull, Boro Derby, Burnley). Derby and Boro are ridiculously tight odds (probably because they have been heavily backed already), Hull and Albion are broadly the same at 5/1 ish, yet Burnley are a best price 14s!

There really is only one value bet there.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I got 20/1. Wish I'd had more that £12.50 e/w...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Yes but if we are still unbeaten after the Boro game, you can kiss goodbye to 11/2 or anything like that. If Derby and Boro fail to beat us we will be 3/1 at best, probably nearer 5/2.

Not sure we'll be that short, the layers have big liabilities about Boro and Derby so will be reluctant to push them out too much. Anyway with Calderon or Chicksen starting were loose.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yep, now 10s.

Regardless, I think Burnley are the only value bet on the outright win. Surely now, the winner WILL come from the current top 5 (BHA, Hull, Boro Derby, Burnley). Derby and Boro are ridiculously tight odds (probably because they have been heavily backed already), Hull and Albion are broadly the same at 5/1 ish, yet Burnley are a best price 14s!

There really is only one value bet there.

Exactly that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure we'll be that short, the layers have big liabilities about Boro and Derby so will be reluctant to push them out too much. Anyway with Calderon or Chicksen starting were lose.

Correct as always, 8ace. Maybe not in quite as much as 3s but we will be a lot tighter than 11/2. If we are still unbeaten after the Boro game, we'll have reached half way unbeaten and will probably be 4 or 5 points clear. Then we will be competitive in the January window too. Honestly, if not 3/1 then maybe 7/2 if that happens...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Correct as always, 8ace. Maybe not in quite as much as 3s but we will be a lot tighter than 11/2. If we are still unbeaten after the Boro game, we'll have reached half way unbeaten and will probably be 4 or 5 points clear. Then we will be competitive in the January window too. Honestly, if not 3/1 then maybe 7/2 if that happens...

I think there is a bit of juice in that the 13/2 on offer with Blue Riband, so my advice would be to take that now or wait until we get beaten at Derby when we might be a bit longer.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Just checked with PPower and we are 11/2 to win the league. Seems a generous price to me. I am tempted to lump a fairly large amount on. Anybody back us at the start or pre-season? What price did you get?

i like a bet but at this stage i would need to be offered at least 10/1 to LUMP on us to win the league and even then i wouldn't go bonkers , if we beat derby and boro in the coming weeks ( i can see a result v boro but i think derby have hit their straps now and will probably win the league) i would be tempted at 11/2 but even then only a couple of hundred quid.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
We are now 25/1 (e/w 1/4 odds, 1-2) with Betway.
Betway are shysters though.
(This might well be a rick though)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Starting to slip away now. 5 wins in 16. A play off place seems likely

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Too many serious injuries too many draws too many points needlessly thrown away. I can't see us keeping up with Middleborough and Derby. I would settle for a play off place now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here