Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where do they find these refs?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is reknowned for being bad and the only good point which Hooper should take note of is that he watched the tussles in the box at corners and stopped play to talk to the players before allowing the corner to be taken.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can anyone explain the extra time? I really can't work out how he felt he could give that much.

Injury (stephens received treatment), substitutions, goal, and a lot of time wasting (Stockdale was booked after having been already warned, March was booked, the ref apparently felt we were wasting time and added it on).

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
1) Goal shouldn't have been dissalowed, Koosh dropped the ball.
2) Their left back should have seen red for cynically fouling Solly about 4 or 5 times, bottled it.
3) Where did 6 mins added time come from in the 2nd half and why did we play 8/9 mins before finally blowing for full time.

Atrocious referee.

I'd also add I thought he was bad for both teams at times, gave us some very strange decisions in the first half I thought, just a generally poor referee, looked like he wanted to be the centre of attention at all times

Also SIX minutes? What the actual ****... + I stopwatched it he played nearly 8.

It was exactly six by my watch and the stadium clocks. :shrug:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He played 8 minutes according to the Sky Sports app. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448747968.932536.jpg

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In fairness to him the big clock showed 51 but changed virtually immediately to 52 and did the same at the end from 58 to 59 but I think he added on a few seconds for the timewasting by DS.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Booking March ffs! One of the playerswne to retrieve the ball for our throw in, threw it past March, who got nowhere near it. Mr Small C0ck comes marching over from 25 yards away and thrusts a yellow in Marchs face, I mean WTF did he think March had done exactly??!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Booking March ffs! One of the playerswne to retrieve the ball for our throw in, threw it past March, who got nowhere near it. Mr Small C0ck comes marching over from 25 yards away and thrusts a yellow in Marchs face, I mean WTF did he think March had done exactly??!!

I couldnt see from the other end of Lower West so assumed it was for time wasting.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Really frustrates me that won the game and yet my overriding feeling was how bad the ref was. Instead of celebrating three points I just felt pissed off.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
For us streamers, it was about 97:30 when he finally blew up. He was awful though, every Prem game I've watched lately has AWFUL decision making, so the level below is just getting shat on more, it's diabolical.

But as sports like the NFL have taught us, you can have numerous refs and video footage and you STILL make terrible and outright suspicious decisions.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Probably one of my favourite refs, yes he is shit but despite this every time we've had him we've won. That's 6 out of 6 now.

Oh sh1te! You shouldn't have mentioned that - if he sees it, whoever we play next when he is in charge will get sufficient pens to win the game, no matter what. Six failures must be very galling!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They get wiped on Monday, so it doesn't matter :)

I thought I read that in the Argus site but wasn't sure they were correct. So does that wipe the getting to 10 and a 2 game ban thing too? Cos Kayal must be on 7 or so...?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here