Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Female PA announcer

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
In all the years I've been at the Amex hers was the only voice that I've understood. Come on then, what was that half time chat with the copper, cos I understood none of it. But she made a mistake and we all heard clearly what she said.
Still not right though, sorry.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
A few things to consider guys. Firstly, it wasn't her first game, she has announced before. Secondly, she's not the first PA announcer to get a name wrong, but it appears for some it's a bigger deal because she's a women! Thirdly, she is one of the regular team who work on the stadium TV output and stood in for our regular announcer who was unavailable today.

For goodness sakes she was bloody dreadful.

Even the lady sat behind me said her voice was all wrong for announcing.

Margaret Thatcher hanged her voice because it was too shrill and screaming for public speaking. Quite simply a male voice is better for making announcements at football. Every time she spoke it was like being screamed at. Men don't go to football to listen to that.

And yes she ****ed up majorly with the sub announcement.

Also worth nothing that when she had a go last season or the season before the comments were exactly the same. Just don't let her have another go.

Ferring Marine

Mar 28, 2014
In the NW corner we sensed something was different, but wrong straight away. It was the tone of her voice which didn't work.
A sleepless night lies ahead.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I've no problems with her getting slated, she cocked up big time, it's these 'get back in the kitchen' type comments that I'm finding a bit depressing, that's all.

I agree. Even presuming they are supposed to be jokes, they are not particularly funny.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is a very sexist thread.

Oh they can't park either.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
For goodness sakes she was bloody dreadful.

Even the lady sat behind me said her voice was all wrong for announcing.

Margaret Thatcher hanged her voice because it was too shrill and screaming for public speaking. Quite simply a male voice is better for making announcements at football. Every time she spoke it was like being screamed at. Men don't go to football to listen to that.

And yes she ****ed up majorly with the sub announcement.

Also worth nothing that when she had a go last season or the season before the comments were exactly the same. Just don't let her have another go.

...and as well as that I don't think she noticed that Brum brought on 2 subs at the same time, she was about 3 minutes late announcing the second of those two.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
6f092c9ca6e22f5456754d758301753d.jpg

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Not sure why the have to make announcements of subs and time added on when the information is :
1. Detailed on the big screen
2. The lineman has already held up his board.

How many times to we need the same information.

What get's me is the timing of the announcements.
We were under pressure just on half time and Birmingham put over a cross into our box.
Just as the ball was about to reach the players in the box she suddenly turns the mic on and screams "5 mins added"...
At least wait for the ball to be out of play or is in a neutral area of play.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Not sure why the have to make announcements of subs and time added on when the information is :
1. Detailed on the big screen
2. The lineman has already held up his board.

How many times to we need the same information.

What get's me is the timing of the announcements.
We were under pressure just on half time and Birmingham put over a cross into our box.
Just as the ball was about to reach the players in the box she suddenly turns the mic on and screams "5 mins added"...
At least wait for the ball to be out of play or is in a neutral area of play.
Blind people?

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Her name is Anna Bingham . She sat with us at the player awards . She is thoroughly nice and a good presenter / announcer.

And a professional . Have some respect for gawd sake . She made one mistake

Agree that some of the comments are harsh but it wasn't just one mistake- at one point when brum made a double substitution there was no announcement until about 30 seconds after they'd run into the pitch. We were all looking at each other asking if there was going to be any sort of announcement of their names or not?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here