Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a save!

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Eh. Good save, but I think it's being overegged a bit. I suppose that is because the end of the game was far too nervy considering how much we controlled the other 80-odd minutes.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Is there a link to the save yet?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Eh. Good save, but I think it's being overegged a bit. I suppose that is because the end of the game was far too nervy considering how much we controlled the other 80-odd minutes.

No,it really isn't. I've seen the replays and it was an excellent save.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Phenomenal save at a really crucial point in the game.

I wasn't a big fan of Stockdale in the early days to be honest, his distribution being the only thing I've never faulted. But this season, as with a few other players, he really seems to have grown in confidence and I'm glad to have had my opinion of him completely turned around.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No,it really isn't. I've seen the replays and it was an excellent save.

I've seen replays, too. Shot from distance. He did well to get down, but had time to react, and contrary to what a previous poster said, he didn't hold it, until he had collected a small parry. Good save, but nothing more. Guy behind me almost orgasmed over the save, my friend and I turned to each other with quizzical looks and agreed - decent save, nothing more.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I thought it was a superb save and the fact that he held the ball after the initial stop was crucial.
Their goal was poor defending and from the ESU, you could see it got a slight deflection, which caused the block to come back to the Brum player who was totally unmarked

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean

I was keeping quiet as I thought it was routine as well.....of course it's his job to keep 'em out but he's a good keeper with good positional sense so probably why I thought it was just a 'goodun' and not a 'classic':shrug:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A truly match winning save, can't believe he held it too. The most improved player in the squad, amazing what confidence can do.

I think that mantel has to go to Solly March. He looks a COMPLETELY different animal to the hesitant, uncertain, timid passenger of a player he looked for the first half-dozen or so games of the season.

He's turning it on week in, week out now.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was keeping quiet as I thought it was routine as well.....of course it's his job to keep 'em out but he's a good keeper with good positional sense so probably why I thought it was just a 'goodun' and not a 'classic':shrug:

I know it's all about opinions but I think yours is the minority view there. The whole of WSU around me stood and applauded and I can't recall when that last happened. Not saying you're wrong but that a lot of people saw it differently.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

I've seen replays, too. Shot from distance. He did well to get down, but had time to react, and contrary to what a previous poster said, he didn't hold it, until he had collected a small parry. Good save, but nothing more. Guy behind me almost orgasmed over the save, my friend and I turned to each other with quizzical looks and agreed - decent save, nothing more.

Gary Rowett called it a world class save and Hughton singled out Stockdale for praise, along with March, saying he 'thought it had gone in'. If that's a 'good save, but nothing more' suggest you inform both the highly rated managers!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gary Rowett called it a world class save and Hughton singled out Stockdale for praise, along with March, saying he 'thought it had gone in'. If that's a 'good save, but nothing more' suggest you inform both the highly rated managers!
Games like today don't come round too often.

Every player can be singled out for praise for at least one attribute.
The team as a whole played as a team. (easier said than done)
The opposition were no mugs, quick on the ball, caused problems and were pretty spirited.
The game was bossed by a local lad.
We ended with an attacking 3 who's combined age is that of winning goal scorer BZ.

Yet throughout every thread there's little bit of nit picking, bibbling, and low level moaning and groaning.
It's hard to work out what people expect, and what has to happen for them to be genuinely happy.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Games like today don't come round too often.

Every player can be singled out for praise for at least one attribute.
The team as a whole played as a team. (easier said than done)
The opposition were no mugs, quick on the ball, caused problems and were pretty spirited.
The game was bossed by a local lad.
We ended with an attacking 3 who's combined age is that of winning goal scorer BZ.

Yet throughout every thread there's little bit of nit picking, bibbling, and low level moaning and groaning.
It's hard to work out what people expect, and what has to happen for them to be genuinely happy.

Couldn't have put it better myself. NSC desperate for something to moan at? Perhaps the catering will make an appearance?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 plus points for Stockdale today I thought was that save and grabbing it at the 2nd attempt very quickly before anybody could get there. The 2nd point is that he seems to have improved his play and positioning on the near post

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The goal wasn't his fault in any way, and it was a very fine save at the very end. I think it's being blown up a little bit, as I thought it was at the time but he's got down well, got behind it and then pounced on it to make sure those following up couldn't make anything happen. His kicking was very good today as well, very good performance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here