Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How is Liam?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I was watching a stream so had the benefit of a couple of slo-mo replays from different angles.
Defo knee, which looked to hyper-extend [bend in the wrong direction] sideways so my money would be on medial knee ligaments.
Key is extent of damage, strain, small tear, rupture [aka grade 1 / 2 / 3] which will dictate recovery time.
Unless there is a scanner in the locker / dressing room - won't know the detail.
Pointless guessing - wait and see .....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was watching a stream so had the benefit of a couple of slo-mo replays from different angles.
Defo knee, which looked to hyper-extend [bend in the wrong direction] sideways so my money would be on medial knee ligaments.
Key is extent of damage, strain, small tear, rupture [aka grade 1 / 2 / 3] which will dictate recovery time.
Unless there is a scanner in the locker / dressing room - won't know the detail.
Pointless guessing - wait and see .....

CH already said medial knee ligaments last night. Hopefully a grade 1, 2 at worst.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
On the subject of TK racing out to him, from our players only Bruno went over to Liam, plus Bobby had a word on the way off the pitch, the rest all went over to the bench.

Perhaps they knew it was bad, and didn't want to lose concentration?

All this says something about Bruno. It was him that was consoling Texieira when he broke his leg too.
Bruno's not just flair, he's a gent too. The Calde love-in might just have deflected attention away from this.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He's previously played right back, I guess he's an option if nothing else. Having never seen him play a single minute of football I'd back him to be a better option than Chicksen.

He was in the Fourth Division 'team of the season' last year. Granted, it's a much lower level, but he must be pretty talented.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CH already said medial knee ligaments last night. Hopefully a grade 1, 2 at worst.

Did he say medial then? I only heard him talking about knees. If it's medial, that's generally a lot better than a cruciate, isn't it?

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
On the subject of TK racing out to him, from our players only Bruno went over to Liam, plus Bobby had a word on the way off the pitch, the rest all went over to the bench.

Perhaps they knew it was bad, and didn't want to lose concentration?

I'd forgotten this. It did strike me as odd - the injury looked very bad to me, and normally in these situations players surround the guy on the ground. Maybe our players sensed it wasn't as serious as it might have looked, or perhaps as you say just wanted to stay focused on the job. But it was a strange few minutes.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Did he say medial then? I only heard him talking about knees. If it's medial, that's generally a lot better than a cruciate, isn't it?

Apparently so. If its an ACL your fooked for months.

Watching the highlights, he didn't look too distressed on the stretcher either. Hoping it was all precautionary, he's been bloody magnificent so far and seems like a top fella too. CH didn't seem hugely concerned. Let's wait for official news (although we rarely seem to get any)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'd forgotten this. It did strike me as odd - the injury looked very bad to me, and normally in these situations players surround the guy on the ground. Maybe our players sensed it wasn't as serious as it might have looked, or perhaps as you say just wanted to stay focused on the job. But it was a strange few minutes.

They could've just got a loud shout from the bench to use the time for some quick instructions...

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
They could've just got a loud shout from the bench to use the time for some quick instructions...

Yeah, that would make sense. You'd imagine that Liam would be a popular member of the squad and the natural reaction would be to see if he was OK. But given there was nothing the players themselves could do it would make sense to get some instructions. Though from memory I don't think they all went over to the dug-out.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now that we've got rid of Dr Mengele in the treatment room, I'm a little more optimistic of having him back this side of Easter.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here