Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was brilliant, absolutely brilliant

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I know what you mean. I always had that feeling in the Gary Nelson 3rd division promotion season in the 80's but I was young then! I'm hopeful this lad from United might make the difference needed. Not because he was at United but from the stream he looked dangerous and United fans themselves rate him. However he has to put away 1 on 1's. With him and Zamora now playing a bigger part then we might start scoring more goals. We shall see but as of today its 3 points off third and so a wait and see. Will look at it again if we get 6 to 8 points in front of third.

Did you go today?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Great performance and much-deserved victory. Throughout the team we looked strong, and slick enough when necessary. Confidence is high and as long as we keep it in spite of a likely defeat or two at some point in the season, we're looking a team that is in it for the long stretch. Loving it.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Utterly brilliant being an Albion fan at the minute, so much to be proud of.

I honestly struggle to remember us having a more committed, likeable and talented group of players in my time as a fan - an undoubted reflection of the man who's steering things on the touchline, too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm just starting to wonder - only JUST starting, mind - whether I should make tentative enquiries about the odds for 'doing an Arsenal'................would be nice if a judiciously placed tenner could pay off my mortgage!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm just starting to wonder - only JUST starting, mind - whether I should make tentative enquiries about the odds for 'doing an Arsenal'................would be nice if a judiciously placed tenner could pay off my mortgage!

What's doing an Arsenal? I want to win money.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
I know what you mean. I always had that feeling in the Gary Nelson 3rd division promotion season in the 80's but I was young then! I'm hopeful this lad from United might make the difference needed. Not because he was at United but from the stream he looked dangerous and United fans themselves rate him. However he has to put away 1 on 1's. With him and Zamora now playing a bigger part then we might start scoring more goals. We shall see but as of today its 3 points off third and so a wait and see. Will look at it again if we get 6 to 8 points in front of third.

The lead is going to change many times yet in the top 6, it's going to come down to who's "bad spell" is the shortest. Enjoy the moment.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just being objective. We won, tick, the loanee from United missed a 1 on 1 and we failed to make dominance pay in goals, cross, we are top of the league, tick, we are 3 points off third and maybe losing in the play offs, now that would be a cross.

Absolutely this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as everyone else, but we aren't even half way through the season yet, and still so many of the 'big teams' to play, and I've a feeling that period between now and Christmas will be absolutely crucial, with that visit to Derby in a fortnight, and then the home game with Middlesboro a week later.

It's the oldest cliche in the book, but let's take this just one game at a time.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought we were really excellent today, some of the interplay was fantastic. Still need to put more of the chances away, but we were massively better than Birmingham all over the pitch. Biggest crowd this season was also just about the loudest, team spirit looks fantastic and despite only getting 20-odd minutes Wilson looks the business for us - he'll score loads. Superb movement off the ball, very quick and full of confidence. Even the sausage roll was great and transport worked exceptionally well (again). Only downside what looked a nasty knee injury to Liam - fingers crossed for the fella (but Calde did a great job). December is a big, big month with so many games against key sides. Happy days.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Unbeaten going into December.

This is MENTAL. :albion2:

Who would have thought that back in August?

Yup. Just enjoy the moment, folks.

Whether you are our oldest fan or our youngest, we are unlikely to ever experience the likes of this again in our lifetimes.

What we are experiencing now will go down in Albion folklore and will be the benchmark that all Albion sides long after we are all dead and buried will be measured against. The start of the 2015/16 season will go down in history - no matter how it ultimately all ends up.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I thought we were much the better team today , could of easily won by 3 or 4 , l thought some of the passing was great , movement was excellent , and we are looking a very strong side . Shame about Brums goal , I think Stockdale should of done better , but made a really good save late on to make amends , Who would of thought unbeaten in to Decemder great stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here