Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change to match day security

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
The club can't win with this one. Sending this out winds up some fans but is sensible given what has happened recently. If they didn't send out something like this and - your god forbid - something horrible did happen, everyone would be moaning about why nothing was done to reduce the risk.

Might well need a poll on this, Saturday's biggest gripes.
Trains, searches, queues, pies, drinks, away fans, loanees, Stockdale.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
For such an important match, would it not be possible to swerve golf...as a one off for a big BHA game? Seems a pity.

What!!! God no. To be fair, I missed the MKD game because golf was later that expected due to weather and the lunch afterwards, so if I miss the boro game, it's one of those things...bha have my st money anyway so it won't affect them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The club can't win with this one. Sending this out winds up some fans but is sensible given what has happened recently. If they didn't send out something like this and - your god forbid - something horrible did happen, everyone would be moaning about why nothing was done to reduce the risk.
Why would it be? The government cannot stop a determined attack and have said so for those few dumb enough not to have worked that out for themselves by now. Shit, there are even TV documentaries helping to identify likely troublemakers and nothingisdone about them. So I cant see how disrupting Ethel and Bill who have brought their thermoflask to every game since 1958 by another 45mins is going to help matters? And if we all get blown sky high I won't be blaming the Albion. I'll be blaming the sadist who did it. But then I belong to a generation pre it's always someone else's fault.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What!!! God no. To be fair, I missed the MKD game because golf was later that expected due to weather and the lunch afterwards, so if I miss the boro game, it's one of those things...bha have my st money anyway so it won't affect them.

Fair enough. Or should I say 'fairway enough' chortle chortle.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
They might sell a few more pies if everyone gets there 3/4 of an hour earlier.

I am sure this has NEVER occurred to them.

It is a ridiculous over reaction

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Are the concourses opening earlier? I don't fancy waiting for the stadium to open if I get to the ground earlier.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Basically putting it out there in the media that if you arrive with a bag of any sort you are going to get searched.....reasonable move by the club i reckon...!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Getting searched is not uncommon at away games, obviously I don't carry a bag but they always seemed to get searched.
Seems reasonable enough to do the same for home fans.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Where is the threat ? None at all so it all does is inconvenience everybody

Exactly. I suppose they've got to be seen covering their arse just in case but come on...it ain't gonna happen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here