Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change to match day security

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Where is the threat ? None at all so it all does is inconvenience everybody

I would think there is increased security for every game this weekend considering the terrorists in Paris specifically targeted a football match. All Football clubs would be notified of the level of threat and appropriate measures to take, these measures are probably just precautionary but as I said better safe than sorry.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I would think there is increased security for every game this weekend considering the terrorists in Paris specifically targeted a football match. All Football clubs would be notified of the level of threat and appropriate measures to take, these measures are probably just precautionary but as I said better safe than sorry.

Did any of the football matches that went off without fault last weekend advise fans to turn up 45 minutes early with their coats opened ready to be searched?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Precisely what they thought at that nightclub in Paris l reckon. No threat at all, and then . . . BANG.

I welcome the increased security checks to be honest.

Unless there has been a specified threat it is rubbish and if there is a specified threat the game would be off, why wasn't everyone searched at every game last weekend for instance ? Is everyone going anywhere being searched on Saturday or just football crowds ?

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Offended.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Did any of the football matches that went off without fault last weekend advise fans to turn up 45 minutes early with their coats opened ready to be searched?

Premier League officials have held meetings with security services, the police and the government and will inform clubs how to ensure the utmost safety at stadiums across the country.

They will advise clubs to implement extra, more thorough searches at stadium gates as security is heightened at every match.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...end-s-fixtures-wake-Paris-terror-attacks.html

If it's good enough for the Prem ...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Asking fans to arrive 45 mins earlier than usual? That's hardly realistic, I can't see 25,000 doing that.

I play golf Saturday mornings, and will struggle to get there for the boro game at 12:30 if I have to get there 45 minutes before ko.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Bollocks to not bringing a bag. Barber would love if if we all turn up with nothing but a pocket of £20 notes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I am always amazed that women's handbags and guys with backpacks all get these searched at the turnstiles, but anyone with an overcoat on with thermos flasks full of "whatever" in the pocket can go on without a glance. Any improvements to help ensure we are safe is OK with me.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Better off searching supermarket shoppers. Atleast that would catch someofthe shop lifters. Wrong thing to do. But then it's not like football to over react thinking its front right left and centre of everything globally is it? "Please now set off 3hrs before KO and we invite you to stay afterwards for a further 2 whilst people clear the area. What's that? Got a job or family? Sorry, this is football don't you know and you shouldn't grumble. That'll be £41 too please. No that doesn't include a programme. A pie? Sorry, try the east stand upper..."

Asking fans to arrive 45 mins earlier than usual? That's hardly realistic, I can't see 25,000 doing that.

Every ticket for a match at Wembley has carried the narrative "you are advised to take up your position [which later became 'seat'] at least 30 minutes before kick off" for as long as I can remember, no one took a blind bit of notice of this in 1983 and no one does now. The match still goes ahead and the Earth continues to spin

Jul 7, 2003
The club can't win with this one. Sending this out winds up some fans but is sensible given what has happened recently. If they didn't send out something like this and - your god forbid - something horrible did happen, everyone would be moaning about why nothing was done to reduce the risk.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Every ticket for a match at Wembley has carried the narrative "you are advised to take up your position [which later became 'seat'] at least 30 minutes before kick off" for as long as I can remember, no one took a blind bit of notice of this in 1983 and no one does now. The match still goes ahead and the Earth continues to spin
Yes yes yes.but that was before the Amex jobsworths or doesn't involve. I can see every old dear being padded down by code-1 shaded neon tops at the Amex, dismantling Zimmer frames and all. the only achievement will be wasting everyone's time. But they will annoy the feck out of everyone and cause enormous queues especially for evening games. We have form in this respect.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here