Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change to match day security

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
If you believe these people are 'a bit dim' that says more about your limited understanding of IS I'm afraid. Many of them are normal intelligent people who truly believe they are doing Gods work and that is why they are so dangerous, dim they are not. The likelihood of an Albion steward successfully finding weapons and bombs and somehow managing to convince the fella with them to hand them over is so absurd its laughable. And if they did why would I not be happy with that? Are you suggesting I'd be pleased with a terror attack? Don't be a dick.

I meant you'd be happy enough if the steward took it of him

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm not taking my lucky man BAG today. If we're LOOSE I'm blaming it on the FRISKING outside.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All this extra security is all rather pointless though really, the stewards look into bags and do a cursory pat down. They have no idea what they are looking for and what idiot armed with guns and a suicide belt is going to dutifully queue up and then allow his bomb and weapons to be found by some plum in a flourescent orange jacket. All it achieves is a psychological boost that they are seen to be doing something extra in the wake of what happened in France it isn't actually making anything safer. The only real advice is for everyone to increase their vigilance and to report anything or anyone they think is suspicious or out of the ordinary, if that means someone gets offended by being pulled up and spoken to then so be it. Extra bag searches and pat downs are a complete waste of time because if an attack comes it will be sudden, brutal and no-one will be able to stop it.

Yes. This.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had my David Beckham body spray confiscated by a steward once.

The Amex was a safer place that afternoon at least.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I had my David Beckham body spray confiscated by a steward once.

The Amex was a safer place that afternoon at least.

Bloody good thing to, use Nivea as far better

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All this extra security is all rather pointless though really, the stewards look into bags and do a cursory pat down. They have no idea what they are looking for and what idiot armed with guns and a suicide belt is going to dutifully queue up and then allow his bomb and weapons to be found by some plum in a flourescent orange jacket. All it achieves is a psychological boost that they are seen to be doing something extra in the wake of what happened in France it isn't actually making anything safer. The only real advice is for everyone to increase their vigilance and to report anything or anyone they think is suspicious or out of the ordinary, if that means someone gets offended by being pulled up and spoken to then so be it. Extra bag searches and pat downs are a complete waste of time because if an attack comes it will be sudden, brutal and no-one will be able to stop it.

I tend to agree. It's more theatre than genuine security. By all means be sensible but checking everyone for bomb making materials is a ridiculous reaction.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Airline authorities are due to withdraw the ludicrous 100 mil rule as they have admitted it's an arbitrary figure plucked out do the air. Though it's good to know that some spotty Herbert on his Saturday job has got the security of tens of thousands of us in hand. A more savvy, motivated crack squad of security pros you couldn't hope to meet.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
And as more and more people get angry about queuing in the wind and the rain for some ridiculous search, tempers will get frayed and the searches will be forgotten

About right, the stewards won't want to get soaked to the skin doing this. It does appear to be a bit over the top assuming just the Amex is doing this and not all football grounds this weekend.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Takes less than a minute out of your life, so what's the problem? Usual moaners on here would be crying like bitches if something did happen and blaming the club.

Damned if they do , damned if they don't.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Takes less than a minute out of your life, so what's the problem? Usual moaners on here would be crying like bitches if something did happen and blaming the club.

Damned if they do , damned if they don't.
You're talking shit again. Shhhhh.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Coming from the (cough) man who wishes people dead. Take a long look at yourslelf sunshine :bigwave:
Wishes people dead? Wrong bloke mate.

Sunshine? Haha! You don't have the gravitas to pull that off. Now, blow your nose, deep breaths and go and watch the match. I've no time for your childish horse feathers today flowerpot. Match is on, you're a knob. Layas innit.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Wishes people dead? Wrong bloke mate.

Sunshine? Haha! You don't have the gravitas to pull that off. Now, blow your nose, deep breaths and go and watch the match. I've no time for your childish horse feathers today flowerpot. Match is on, you're a knob. Layas innit.

PMT???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here