Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the latest you have arrived for a game.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Wrexham away sometime in the 70s. We didn't get there til half time because of a suicide on the railway. Coach trip to Bristol Rovers at Bath - again half time due to delays on M25. I think we were at least 2-0 down and were listening to radio commentry.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Was on the 4th Seagull Special train to Newcastle 79 which got delayed. Got in only about 10 mins late to find the terrace absolutely jammed (you see the video before every home game - Nobby's goal). Perched on the back step, we just about see the first goal where we go ape sh#t and get about 6 steps down the terrace - sorted!

PG

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
I can't remember ever being late, except the first game of the season away to Swansea,

We were caught up on the M4, we arrived about 15-20 minutes late.
I told the chaps I'd drive them to the away end, then find somewhere to park.

I pulled up and directly in front of the turnstile was a parking space, I assume it was where a police car was.
I was so close, to this day, only my right foot has ever stood on non football Swansea soil.
same game arrived half time

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A couple along the row from us at Withdean always arrived five minutes after kick-off. The last game of the 05/06 (?) season had a lunchtime launch and when they arrived at the normal time they asked, as usual, if there had been any goals. I said we'd let in five and they laughed at my jolly joke. The final whistle went shortly after. We never saw them again.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Got to a game about 15 minutes after kick off when we were exiled in Gillingham, and didn't find out until half time we were losing 0-1 :facepalm:

Not as bad as me at Huddersfield Town last year. Ulloa 'scored' a goal just as I was taking a picture from the main stand. I decided to 'tweet' the picture and thankfully my connection failed. I then looked up about a minute later and followed play.

At half time I couldn't understand why the TV screens showing Sky had the score at 0-0. When I re-took my seat I checked the scoreboard (which wasn't in my eye line) and, indeed, it was 0-0. His goal was disallowed.

Thankfully my 'tweet' failed to post, but as I was sitting in a fairly vacant area of the home fans, with no one around me, I could have gone home thinking Bruno's equaliser was the winner.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
half way through the first half at the Goldstone playing Wimbledon mid 80's

was in the bookies with my brother prior to the match,he won about 500 quid on the gee gees,so understandably we hung about

on arrival was imformed Wimbledon were 1 up and murdering us,which they were up until half time

anyhow we ended up winning 2-1,seem to remember a Frank Worthington free kick,coming back off the bar and hitting Dave Beasant on the back of the head and going in

WHL '78 too,missed the kick off,but can't remember by how long

I think the Wimbledon match you are talking about would have meant your win was a Christmas bonus.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Never arrived at Forest at all in 1978, was stuck at Kettering.

EDIT: more recently Spurs last season, missed first 15 mins.

If it is any consolation you wouldn't have got in. The away bit and the whole City ground was packed to the rims. As bad as Spurs away the following season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here