Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If NSC was around in 1973

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
FFS what is the board doing? if a two bob team like Carlisle can get promotion to the 1st Division we should be there already, we are much bigger than they have ever been. I can't wait to see Leeds United win the league and then demolish everyone in the European Cup next year and be crowned champions of Europe. Unlike that Manchester mob, Leeds will never be relegated from the top division and will be the top team for many years to come.

Anyone heard any rumours about a ground share with Palace?

As for players, why don't we get that Mullery guy in? I think he would be good cover and make a good manager at the end of his career.

I think it would be great if the Conservatives were to have a woman leader to get the country back on track. Wonder what sort of job that Margaret Thatcher would do if she got elected as PM?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Anyone heard Slade's new Christmas single?

It'll never catch on if you ask me.

What sort of a title is "Merry Christmas Eddie Boddy" anyway?

Speaking of which, I hear that Roy Wood fella from ELO also has a Christmas single coming out with his new band.

Just heard it for the first time: can't see THAT topping the hit parade. It's no Christmas classic, that's for sure. At least we'll never have to hear it again after this festive season.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
I think we could win World Cup 74 only Poland to beat at home .

Quite. What could Poland ever bring to a World Cup? About as much football pedigree as the useless Dutch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watched that one. Players appeared so demoralised and frightened, they were unable to do anything.
Bad days.
Pretty much this. Didn't see the Walton and Hersham match, but at that time I'd have probably still been in the 'Wow! Fantastic - little old Brighton have landed the mighty Clough' camp. But I was at the Bristol Rovers match, and saw an entire team scared out of their wits (and there were some decent players in that team); it was about then that I moved to the 'Clough out' camp.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe if the club didn't charge as much as 30p for tickets against Walton & Hersham THE GOLDSTONE MIGHT SELL OUT? :rolleyes:

Heard a few of the Rovers boys tried taking a liberty or two outside the Top Rank Suite after that 8-2, but got put back in their place: THEY WONT TRY THAT AGAIN :whistle:

Regards

EK

Not once that young FAIRY and the boys get there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I've just bought one of these for £19.99
101243.jpg

Not sure I trust it so going to check by hand until I'm confident it works properly.

Any one else thinking of getting one?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've just bought one of these for £19.99
101243.jpg

Not sure I trust it so going to check by hand until I'm confident it works properly.

Any one else thinking of getting one?

I'd hold fire if I was you. Monday is the big retail launch of the amazing new TV Typewriter. I suspect Bozza may shut down NSC while it's going on.

Radio_Electronics_Cover_Sept_1973.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Pretty much this. Didn't see the Walton and Hersham match, but at that time I'd have probably still been in the 'Wow! Fantastic - little old Brighton have landed the mighty Clough' camp. But I was at the Bristol Rovers match, and saw an entire team scared out of their wits (and there were some decent players in that team); it was about then that I moved to the 'Clough out' camp.

I think people are looking retrospectively here, the feeling that "We've landed the mighty Clough" persisted for some time. As I said, I went on a school cruise shortly after that game and the number of people who knew about Brighton was astonishing - it put us on the map. Clough sorted the side out and we finished safely (having looked good relegation candidates at one point).

He brought some useful players to the club: Peter Grummitt, Ian Mellor, Harry Wilson and Andy Rollings - all of whom were there when we got promoted a couple of years later.

What happened subsequently has coloured people's views of Clough but I don't recall a single person, at the time, saying we should get rid of him

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think people are looking retrospectively here, the feeling that "We've landed the mighty Clough" persisted for some time. As I said, I went on a school cruise shortly after that game and the number of people who knew about Brighton was astonishing - it put us on the map. Clough sorted the side out and we finished safely (having looked good relegation candidates at one point).

He brought some useful players to the club: Peter Grummitt, Ian Mellor, Harry Wilson and Andy Rollings - all of whom were there when we got promoted a couple of years later.

What happened subsequently has coloured people's views of Clough but I don't recall a single person, at the time, saying we should get rid of him
Well, as I was living in Liverpool at the time, and my visits to Brighton were relatively infrequent and short (go to Brighton, watch the match and go home) you probably didn't hear me expressing my thoughts at the time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Well, as I was living in Liverpool at the time, and my visits to Brighton were relatively infrequent and short (go to Brighton, watch the match and go home) you probably didn't hear me expressing my thoughts at the time.

That's true. But what I'm saying is that you would have been a lone voice - most of us just couldn't believe that we'd got him

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I tell you what. That Crystal Palace had better pick up their form, or the poor old Glaziers might be in grave danger of a second successive relegation.

Malcolm Allison seems like a lovely chap though, and Selhurst Park is a lovely modern stadium. We wish them well.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
nearly stretched to a season ticket in the South stand,but thought 11 quid was a bit steep

just aswell,played at home 6,lost 6!

reckon we'll beat Shrewsbury though

John Boyle ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here