Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian jet shot down ,WW3 about to begin ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Part of Nato and a strong USA backing ?

Like the USA have a good record for deciding who the bad guys actually are.

Turkey are only part of Nato because they see them as a buffer between the west and middle east, which in my opinion is a big mistake because when the chips are actually placed on the table I think you will find Turkey does not see it's self as western.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Turkey are only part of Nato because they see them as a buffer between the west and middle east, which in my opinion is a big mistake because when the chips are actually placed on the table I think you will find Turkey does not see it's self as western.

I thought they were part of NATO so the US could have nukes in range of Moscow ???

Stumpy Tim

Putin's main aim is trying to save Assad

Putin has been clear from Day 1 - he's against regime change in the Middle East. He was right about Iraq. He was right about Libya. He's been proved right in Syria. It's funny how Putin is being painted as this war-mongering mental case, when he's been anti-war for years & the West have gone ahead anyway. You're right - his aim is to keep Assad in power, and I'm sure oil plays a part. However, he also says that having a strong state is needed to combat ISIS in Syria. And he's right. Funny how the West are now suggesting that removing Assad isn't the main end-game now.

Say what you like about Putin, but he's been mainly right in the Middle-East. The West should be supporting his position after we've made such a mess in the last decade. FFS, we even decided it would be a good idea to arm "moderate rebels" in Syria, when it was blatantly obvious extremists would take those weapons given half a chance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Russia : Plane shot down from ground.

Turkey : Plane shot down by Turkish F16s after being given 10 warnings.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Good on the Turks I say, Putin pushes and pushes thinking no one will do anything.
He will respect the Turks more now, as they have proved that they have balls.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I hate to say it. But this is EXACTLY what I said was going to happen.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Could it just be an insurance claim?

Russians have an old jet that needs scrapping, fly it close to Turkey, get it shot down, pilot parachutes to safety, insurance is fully comp with protected no claims - new replacement jet on the way. Simples.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Putin has been clear from Day 1 - he's against regime change in the Middle East. He was right about Iraq. He was right about Libya. He's been proved right in Syria. It's funny how Putin is being painted as this war-mongering mental case, when he's been anti-war for years & the West have gone ahead anyway. You're right - his aim is to keep Assad in power, and I'm sure oil plays a part. However, he also says that having a strong state is needed to combat ISIS in Syria. And he's right. Funny how the West are now suggesting that removing Assad isn't the main end-game now.

Say what you like about Putin, but he's been mainly right in the Middle-East. The West should be supporting his position after we've made such a mess in the last decade. FFS, we even decided it would be a good idea to arm "moderate rebels" in Syria, when it was blatantly obvious extremists would take those weapons given half a chance.

Putin has been clear from day 1 he's against anything he perceives as against Russian interests and his grip on power. Western policy in the middle east has been a mess but Putin's I told you so routine rings hollow when you see how he likes to interfere in other countries.

In addition the keep brutal dictator's in power to keep a lid on the region argument is not a zero cost policy as history shows.

We may have some common interest in Syria but his motives are not the same as ours. If/ when Assad regains full control and starts butchering the population again there will be a deafening silence from Moscow.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015

Wrong, they are part of NATO because they have a long and threatening border with Russia....no other reason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here