Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian jet shot down ,WW3 about to begin ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The daily scare stories about eating too much sugar, dying if within 100 meters of a cigarette and dying if drinking more than 2 pints, 3 times a week seem a little irrelevant now don't you think ? We may as well all go out on the back of the Mother of all benders now. Whose round is it ? See you on the other side, the game is up ! Regards GG/US

Sounds like a plan I hope she's got broad shoulders.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Think Latakia has a Russian air base.

As for picking sides, Turkey are a member of Nato so, ergo, we are on their side.

Member state try to drive a wedge between the West and Russia = kick out member state keep good relations with Russia

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we just win the league before the world ends please?

Champions League
I don't know how many billions of years the earth has left, but I fear it won't be enough.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
So you believe that defending yourself and your people from Sunni backed armed rebel groups, ISIS and Al-Nusra and other factions is an act of genocide by Assad? I call it self defense. The Sunni rebel groups have recently been offered the chance of a peace deal and to come to the table but have chosen to fight on. If the Syrian Sunni rebel groups stop, the war would stop.

Those "people" that he was defending were being gassed at night by barrels of chlorine gas, a weapon banned under international law. Women and kids that just happened to live in part of Syria under attack by rebels.

I think the Syrian people have spoken with their feet. And who can blame them?

The ones who should be air - bombing ISIS out of the country are Russia - this is their sphere of influence - and the troops on the ground should be a Muslim coalition of Iraqi, Saudi and Turkish forces.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The argument is pretty much whether the shot down plane was in Turkish airspace.

Turkey says it was shot down there, and crashed in Syria.

US says it was in Turkish airspace for 'a few seconds'.

Russia says it was never in Turkish airspace.

Turkey seems from that very trigger happy.
Putin wants blood I think.

What a mess.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The daily scare stories about eating too much sugar, dying if within 100 meters of a cigarette and dying if drinking more than 2 pints, 3 times a week seem a little irrelevant now don't you think ? We may as well all go out on the back of the Mother of all benders now. Whose round is it ? See you on the other side, the game is up ! Regards GG/US

That's a pity I was about to seek your advice on a multi million pound variable interest mortgage. I won't bother now as I'll be kissing my arse goodbye and getting pissed.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Only a month to Christmas Eve, let's hope Santa's sleigh isn't downed by trigger happy Turks, Russians or ISIS Terrorists.

ThePompousPaladin

Apr 7, 2013
Not seen this posted yet...

The russian plane was shot down over an area inhabited by turkic peoples, the syrian turkmen. These guys are part of the FSA, against assad.

Reading between the lines, i'd presume the russian fighter was doing airstrikes against them, was warned not to and probably wasn't in turkish airspace. The turks have been arming these people and will want that part of the land inhabited by turks when there is an end to this conflict. It may well be that they consider that area as part of their airspace now.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Those "people" that he was defending were being gassed at night by barrels of chlorine gas, a weapon banned under international law. Women and kids that just happened to live in part of Syria under attack by rebels.

I think the Syrian people have spoken with their feet. And who can blame them?

The ones who should be air - bombing ISIS out of the country are Russia - this is their sphere of influence - and the troops on the ground should be a Muslim coalition of Iraqi, Saudi and Turkish forces.

1) US official: 'IS making and using chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34211838

2) Saudi using internationally banned US cluster bombs in Yemen http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...yemen-claims-human-rights-watch-10224109.html

3) I don't blame Syrian's who are leaving Syria but they are not all leaving just because of Assad.

4) So you want a coalition with Turkey, Saudi and Iraq, but also forgetting that Iraq are fighting along side Iranian's in Iraq. Iran are also on the side of Hezbollah who are defending Lebanon and fighting ISIS, and are also on the side of the Kurds.

But hey let's just leave it to the Sunni states who have been fascilitating the civil war based on the unconditional term that Assad steps down.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
There will never be another all out world war. A nice steady rumble of conflict with regular flare ups. That's what keeps the military industrial complex bringing in the money, the fat cats fed. Keeps the lights on and the shop open. Money money money money money.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There will never be another all out world war. A nice steady rumble of conflict with regular flare ups. That's what keeps the military industrial complex bringing in the money, the fat cats fed. Keeps the lights on and the shop open. Money money money money money.

Or to put it another way, global capitalism has made us so economically interdependent that major wars are no longer viable ... what a great system :p

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Thank God for that, it will be good for us all not to have to worry that some despot will press the button one day. I'm sure you've set all our minds at rest. :shrug:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Not seen this posted yet...

The russian plane was shot down over an area inhabited by turkic peoples, the syrian turkmen. These guys are part of the FSA, against assad.

Reading between the lines, i'd presume the russian fighter was doing airstrikes against them, was warned not to and probably wasn't in turkish airspace. The turks have been arming these people and will want that part of the land inhabited by turks when there is an end to this conflict. It may well be that they consider that area as part of their airspace now.

It's pretty clear that Turkey wants its piece of Syrian land pie and in effect they are directly or indirectly an occupying force in Syria. They are also totally against the Kurds for even treading on Syrian soil because they suspect them of them wanting the same as themselves, even though the Kurds have done all the hard work against ISIS. The difference is Assad is happy for the Kurds to be there because they are on the same side as him. The Turkey side "the FSA" just want Assad dead.

Anyone who sympathises with Turkey is also against the Kurds.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Russia announces that a soldier has been shot dead during a mission to rescue the downed pilot and co-pilot, not a good day for Mr Putin.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Hope you are right, but nobody knows what the future may bring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here