Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russian jet shot down ,WW3 about to begin ?

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Im totally naive. I also am untrusting of our media. But this is what I understand. Is anything missing?

Russia has been buzzing everyone ones airspace lately. Why?

No NATO country has shot down a Russian plane since 1950.

Last week it seems like Russia want to unite with NATO in fighting terrorism. Good!

Turkey shoots down one of it planes for going through it airspace. Wtf?

Russia react in a way which suggest they want peace. Turkey seem defiant in their actions.

Seems like incredibly bad timing for Turkey to shoot down one of their planes. Almost like it's not accidental despite several warnings.

Therefore someone needs to grab Turkey and say wtf are you doing? And tell Russia stop buzzing in people's airspace. You are both going to ruin Christmas at this rate!

In this scenario I would expect the following outcome

Turkey: "we don't recognise or celebrate Christmas"
Russia responds with "stuff Turkey"
And we all laugh and sit down to some vodka!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
And your point is?

That you don't understand what the word inflammatory means.

(You were confusing defamatory with inflammatory, in fact most people who quoted and commented on what I said made that same mistake)

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've suddenly got all nostalgic for the 1980s

attachment.php

Attachments

• 517680-protect-and-survive-booklet.jpeg
    517680-protect-and-survive-booklet.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 421

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
The Free Syrian Army, whom Russian aircraft have been targeting in northern Syria to support the Assad regime, says it has shot down a Russian rescue helicopter while it was searching for the Russian pilots who parachuted from their SU-24 after being hit with a Turkish air to air missile. Turkey says the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace and they warned the Russians ten times via the emergency guard channel.

The Syrian rebels say that shot down the aircraft with a TOW anti-tank missile, most likely supplied by the United States. Videos supplied by the rebel group seem to back up the claim of a shootdown and associated crash site.

The Guardian reports, In what appears to be a separate incident, another Syrian rebel group - the Free Syrian Army’s First Coastal Division - says it has destroyed a Russia helicopter on Turkmen Mountain, using a TOW anti-tank missile, writes Louisa Loveluck, Middle East Correspondent.

If this incident is confirmed, then the existence of a proxy war with Russia and Iran via American-backed forces in Syria is a reality. Russian President Vladimir Putin has called the shootdown of a Russian military plane a ‘stab in the back’ by forces supporting the Islamic State terrorists. The West believes Russia is primarily attacking Syrian rebels fighting the Assad regime rather than targeting ISIS in any meaningful way.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/24/russian-helicopter-shot-down-while-searching-downe/

Doesn't sound good.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The Free Syrian Army, whom Russian aircraft have been targeting in northern Syria to support the Assad regime, says it has shot down a Russian rescue helicopter while it was searching for the Russian pilots who parachuted from their SU-24 after being hit with a Turkish air to air missile. Turkey says the Russian plane was in Turkish airspace and they warned the Russians ten times via the emergency guard channel.

The Syrian rebels say that shot down the aircraft with a TOW anti-tank missile, most likely supplied by the United States. Videos supplied by the rebel group seem to back up the claim of a shootdown and associated crash site.

The Guardian reports, In what appears to be a separate incident, another Syrian rebel group - the Free Syrian Army’s First Coastal Division - says it has destroyed a Russia helicopter on Turkmen Mountain, using a TOW anti-tank missile, writes Louisa Loveluck, Middle East Correspondent.

If this incident is confirmed, then the existence of a proxy war with Russia and Iran via American-backed forces in Syria is a reality. Russian President Vladimir Putin has called the shootdown of a Russian military plane a ‘stab in the back’ by forces supporting the Islamic State terrorists. The West believes Russia is primarily attacking Syrian rebels fighting the Assad regime rather than targeting ISIS in any meaningful way.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/24/russian-helicopter-shot-down-while-searching-downe/

Doesn't sound good.

Bloody hell. Part of me is pleased that Russia is getting a good shoeing but we all know Putin will avenge this in some dreadful manner.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Russia is deploying missile cruiser off Syria coast, ordered to destroy any target posing threat to Russian aircraft apparently.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
....oh and ISIS must be laughing their black little hearts out over this. I hope everyone sees sense and decides to get medieval on them rather than the other powers rattling sabres down there. After all, no one would be encroaching on anyone's airspace or shooting down rescue helicopters if it wasn't for that shower.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1) US official: 'IS making and using chemical weapons in Iraq and Syria' http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-34211838

2) Saudi using internationally banned US cluster bombs in Yemen http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...yemen-claims-human-rights-watch-10224109.html

3) I don't blame Syrian's who are leaving Syria but they are not all leaving just because of Assad.

4) So you want a coalition with Turkey, Saudi and Iraq, but also forgetting that Iraq are fighting along side Iranian's in Iraq. Iran are also on the side of Hezbollah who are defending Lebanon and fighting ISIS, and are also on the side of the Kurds.

But hey let's just leave it to the Sunni states who have been fascilitating the civil war based on the unconditional term that Assad steps down.

I didn't forget anything. The main priority is that ISIS are defeated and that peace returns to Syria and Iraq. Yes, it is time for the Muslim world to start acting for the common good, it shouldn't have to be non-Asian forces eradicating Muslim extremists in Muslim lands. ISIS are exploiting divisions across the region, they'll all be ****ed unless they start working for peace.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Good video, and very interesting ponts from 3:15

Also the point he made that 2 million Christians in Syria support Assad shows a different perspective.

He didn't say that they support Assad, but rather that given the choice they would choose Assad over ISIS in a heartbeat.

The more I think about this situation with the Russian plane, the more I wonder Wtf Turkey was doing?

They make it sounds as though there was an unresponsive plane in their airspace and for their own safety they shot it down. But Russia also happens to be bombing Syrian rebels who are fighting Assad and are supported by and very close to Turkey. Is that completely unrelated to this?

Because shooting down an unresponsive jet would be one thing, but if they did it in defense of Syrian rebels who they support against Assad, that would be much more wreckless I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here