Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electric multi plugs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Isn't there an Electricity Transfer Rumour forum anywhere?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What colour cables are on the towers? There's a ranking of cable colours as to what carries the best current. I can't remember the correct order but I think black is best as it absorbs the most positives ions from the atmosphere and white is worse as it reflects them.
Not sure where those garish orange or blue cables fit into the equation.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Everyone is looking at this from the wrong angle. BG, what you need to do is take your electric reclining chair up to the bedroom and try it there. If it gets you from horizontal to vertical in half the time, then it's definitely the tower.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Sorry to ruin an excellent thread with a serious answer, but I bet there is some sort of power save feature in the tower thingy. The charger draws so little current that the tower is periodically deciding everything is off and is going into some sort of power save mode.

There are some ridiculous answers on here, but that is just taking the p*** :lolol:

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Have you checked which way the water goes round when you flush the toilet?
If there is a difference (it is ok if you don't have two toilets, a sink will do (for all aspects) between downstairs and upstairs, there is probably a magnetic polarity reversal somewhere in your house.

This will then cause the electrons that make up the electricity to flow in different directions, in this case towards your plug socket upstairs, hence the faster charging, and away from the plug socket downstairs, hence the slower charging.

(note, this will only affect a DC power source, which you won't have)

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I think we've all missed the obvious answer here; plug the charger in the top socket of the tower and then turn the whole unit upside down. This was cause the electricity to pool near the charger and trickle through the cable faster.

Simple science.

What?

Edit; As originally suggested in post 4 by the wise and noble Acker79.

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think we've all missed the obvious answer here; plug the charger in the top socket of the tower and then turn the whole unit upside down. This was cause the electricity to pool near the charger and trickle through the cable faster.

Simple science.

What?

Ahem. Post 4.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
We have an electric 10 point tower near our tv to take tv dvd etc running off of a socket of which only 5 are used. I also have another one near my armchair to charge phones laptop tablet etc running off of another socket but on the same ring main as the other. We have noticed that charging a phone takes 3 times as long using my tower than putting the charger into a socket in the bedroom. Why should this be as the towers dont have less electric? It would be slightly inconvenient to use just 1 tower due to lengths of leads to various appliances and where they are situated.

There are 2 solutions to this problem.
A) Install lunar panels.
or
B) Get Bens Grandma to pedal faster.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Does this mean we have now exhausted every possibility ???
That depends on whether anyone has suggested using the microwave to charge the phone yet I would think.

I recall seeing numerous stories a year or two ago where some bright sparks (pun very much intended) had put the message out that a few seconds in a microwave could fully charge a battery due to some amazingly made up science. Some even tried it. Whoops.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does this mean we have now exhausted every possibility ???

i haven't ruled out the information "the same charger which took 7 hours to charge 17%" means that it was in fact turned off, not connected properly, or otherwise not charging at all.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What about getting a left handed tower on emergency loan?

One that could function as an inverted left hand tower might be able to do the job.

Might not even need to loan one in, as I suspect if BG has a good look around he might find he already has one.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Maybe he could get Ashley Cole to have a look at it. I've heard he's available.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have decided to replace the tower with a standard 4 plug extention lead for a month, if that works continue with it if not buy a new tower in the January sales.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
I have decided to replace the tower with a standard 4 plug extention lead for a month, if that works continue with it if not buy a new tower in the January sales.

It takes a month to charge your phone ?
Wow sounds like a problem there.

Can I just ask is it slower when it is raining or windy?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here