Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should the club have accepted 6.5 million for Dunk?

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The trouble with Dunk is , every mistake he makes costs us a goal , he was easily turned in both the Bristol City match and the MK Dons match , although unlucky today still cost a goal .I am not sure if he loses his concentration but he needs to improve or will be back on the bench !

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No

Penalty was a shame and unlucky. Other than that he was great!!

Exactly this. They both made a mistake or 2 each, but Dunk & Greer were great today. Add into that the very impressive full backs and solid Stockdale and we were absolutely so solid crew at the back today!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No, no and thrice no.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Yes.... Although I recall 5 mill. Reported.
I am tired of seeing that it was Dunk at fault for the goal. It happens too often . Granted that Uwe was injured & Goldson too inexperienced for a tabletop game, but think what we could have done with the money !

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I thought Dunk was being tugged by the Burnley player. Thought it an odd penalty and harsh. Either way it was a shocking game. Both sides were terrible and would get murdered in the top flight. I suppose we have injuries but really was two poor teams today.
Yes, he was but the way he was pulling the shirt was asking for trouble. Most of the time, these sort of things at corners don't get punished, but this time the ref was ready to blow -it was Hooper, afterall. It was harsh in that more often than not, players get away with it, and in terms of being fair, we were lucky in that Dunk clearly fouled the attacker the other week at home. I did not think they were poor teams, just that none had the guile to beat the other. The Albion pressed well and kept Gray quiet, so it was not all bad. So many injuries don't help. Bong, Baldock, Lua Lua, Hunemeier, Crofts all missing, though the latter probably would not have been first-choice. For me , a great point (not suggesting you necessarily think otherwise, by the way) Burnley are right up there and the onus is on them to attack.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Yes. He's a liability. Panics in possession when under pressure, still makes a lot of mistakes and gets booked far too much.

Panics in possession? That's one fault you surely cannot level at him, he's calmness personified 95% of the time. Only the bearded Spaniard panics less than Dunk across our back five.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Yes, walking Yellow Card.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Dunk was excellent today
Yes he was, but he also made his usual catastrophic error for the pen and then did exactly the same thing again (unpunished) in the second.

Needs a rest now Greer is back to regain some focus and confidence. He's no become a bad player, but he is making errors. If fit, I'd go Greer and Huenemeier tor Birmingham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here