Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Simon Hooper

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Either he couldn't see Dunk being pulled himself though, or he's just a weasel-faced arse: that bit I'm not so sure about.
Have you taken leave of your senses? You know full well that he's a weasel-faced arse. It's possible he's a weasel-faced arse that couldn't see Dunk's armed being pulled, I'll give you that.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
As much as I think he's an utterly turd referee, I don't think he had much choice from his angle. Keane's shirt was pulled halfway up his back and Dunk held his shirt for the whole corner routine. Yes, he was fouled first but in a more canny way. This is where Dunk often loses out: he's very naive.

The thing is, once again, no consistency. Give that, you need to give two or three pens a game. Remember, this is a ref that disallowed an overhead kick for a high boot though so consistency is unlikely to be high on his agenda. He makes "technically" the right decisions, but not sensible ones.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Very harsh decision, but at the same time Dunk can't really grumble - the fact that he was being fouled himself, doesn't mean that he didn't also commit a foul.

The most annoying thing, as [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] points out, is that most of the pulling happening before the ball was even in play. Most refs would have stopped the corner being taken, had a word with both players, then got on with the game.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
They are both doing the same thing.

Ref should have let it go and had a word with them next time it went out of play.?

Exactly this. You see that sort of hassling and pulling in penalty boxes all over the country week in and week out and its always handled that way. It'll be another five years before we see a penalty given for something so commonplace.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Exactly this. You see that sort of hassling and pulling in penalty boxes all over the country week in and week out and its always handled that way. It'll be another five years before we see a penalty given for something so commonplace.

Or at least until next time he's officiating one of our matches again.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Very harsh decision, but at the same time Dunk can't really grumble - the fact that he was being fouled himself, doesn't mean that he didn't also commit a foul.

The most annoying thing, as [MENTION=30752]NooBHA[/MENTION] points out, is that most of the pulling happening before the ball was even in play. Most refs would have stopped the corner being taken, had a word with both players, then got on with the game.

And he gave it a long time after the initial contact - a good 2 seconds after Dunk had been dragged along about 5 yards. Awful decision.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Hope we never have him again , perhaps the club should make a formal complaint about him and suggest we don't want him to officiate any of our furture games for the rest of the season

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The more I watch it, the less it looks like a penalty. If anything it's a foul on Dunk, but probably not even that.

When I heard him whistle, I assumed, like I'm sure all fair minded footy fans everywhere thought, he'd blown for a foul on Dunk. Absolutely appalling decision, until you remember who the ref was, and which side it was against.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Bristol City could have had a pen against us too. I think the rub of the green is about even so far thi season.

Don't forget Dunk's challenge against MK Dons. Easy come, easy go, it's football. There will be other dodgy decisions against us in the rest of the season as well as dodgy ones for us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone have a list of the games in which Hoops has given dodgy decisions against the Albion? Are there many, or is it just that he seems to be Bournemouth's Fairy godfather referee that pisses so many off?

Basically I am asking if he deserves the abuse he gets from us.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
The commentator said that it was only the second penalty Hooper had awarded in 18 games this season. Maybe he felt he needed to up his stats?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here