Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Burnley vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think we are cancelling one another out. Great start, but Hoops replied immediately when we were least expecting it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
HT 1-1 Albion should change to long-sleeved shirts for the second half.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Zamora has been great - sure he can't last 90 mins and then we will have a problem. Good first half bar the bad pen decision

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Zamora has been great - sure he can't last 90 mins and then we will have a problem. Good first half bar the bad pen decision

Given our lack of options on the bench, I was wondering if Hemed might (barring injuries or red cards) play the whole game for the first time since we faced Fulham.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
half decent first half......great start , hopefully hoops looks at the replay of his penalty decision and atones in the second half , we can win this game.....Hemed is " out of touch ".......badly needs a goal or 2....or subbing...Greer back to his old self ....1st half over all 7 , can do better.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I think one of the guys on here said he had this as the last match in an eight match accumulator on both teams scoring. Happy days for him

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am really pleased after that first half. This was positioned by many as the biggest challenge this year and are clearly at least equal. Could all go wrong as Boyd looks good but i am feeling more positive for the season

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I think we can now dismiss the idea we are only at the top based on luck. We are as good as anyone in this league.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Replay shows thats a pen all day long, Dunk might have been pulled but he had held of the shirt first before corner taken and kept hold of it. It usually isn't given but too obvious not to on this occasion.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I have to say i have been very very impressed with Greer during the first half. A great performance since he has been out for so long. Bobby has had a very good half too.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Pleased with our performance on the whole so far. Zamora has been excellent and we'll need another 20 minutes or so from him.
Dominated possession but given the ball away a bit easily! March has been poor, his crosses have been lofted deep too often. I think we're missing the injection of pace from Kaz.

Win here would be huge!

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Wow. Watch it from the start of that incident. Two maybe three pushes on Dunk. Where were you looking then Hoops? Dunk stupidly holds the shirt, then the pen gets given. Dunk should have let go of the shirt though, there was no danger, Duff would never have got there. Never a pen for me, but Dunk was still culpable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here