Votes: 100 71.9%
  • No - Not having one

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • Ruel Fox

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
My son in his first flat, left his up all year. It was a Christmas tree, an easter tree, a Summer holiday tree, a Birthday tree, and finally, a Christmas tree again
I might just steal that idea for myself, saves me buying a new plant[emoji106]

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's NOVEMBER for f#cks sake! What kind of retarded halfwit puts a Christmas tree up in NOVEMBER?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
The wife is insisting that we put the tree up tonight... :(
Far to early for my liking, should be a week or 2 before Xmas.

My wife is the same. If she had her way it would've been up weeks ago. I'm not getting it out the loft though. If they go up too early I would be sick of it by Christmas and I love Christmas.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
12 days before and taken down 12 days after.......works out as 19th up and 27th down

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How does 12 days after Christmas work out as the 27th? ???

Or 12 days before the 25th being the 19th?

If anyone wanted to keep with the old Christmas tradition, the 12 days are after sunset on Christmas Eve to 6th Jan, aka 12th night.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I like the 12 days of Christmas idea, there must be something magical in putting up a tree on Christmas Eve. Not sure I would want it hanging around as long as 6th of Jan though.

Trees go up on Christmas Eve, after dark, and come down on Twelfth Night.

To do otherwise is WRONG, and as bad as thinking that the first window of an advent calendar should be opened on 1 December.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

To do otherwise is WRONG, and as bad as thinking that the first window of an advent calendar should be opened on 1 December.

To be fair, the confectioners or stationers, do print advent calendars from the 1st December nowadays. Advent is actually the four Sundays in December before Christmas.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

That's how it was when I was a child.

Dad would come home with tree and turkey on Chtpristmas Eve, and the tree would come down on Twelth Night.

Nowadays it goes up about 10 days before Christmas, depending when the weekend falls.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yes, usually do it in December but Missus Pandapops and I are doing 12 hour days until the last Sunday before Santa drops off some parcels. That being the case, we literally have no time at home to put up decorations until that Sunday, so it was that or not at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here