Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plymouth Argyle set to sign England under-20 goalkeeper Christian Walton on loan

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I
McCormick has groin injury, they have a second goalie called Bittner, there was an article in the local paper that he had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to get a chance something like 1500 days. Walton will either go straight in a as a back up but Bittner is getting on a bit and a real journey man.
Argyle are flying and playing brilliant attacking football.
Reuben Reid is very good but often injured as has been said he has been injured for the past 3 or so games.
I went to their last league home game and was with match sponsors and helped to choose MOM.
What a performance never seen Div 2 football played to a high standard like that before. Easily Top 6 Div 1.
Morecambe never got a sniff the ball rarely went back or sideways unless it had to should have been 8-0.
Problem is that they have very good loan signings and they really need to extend the loans to the end of the season or they may fall away. The manager (ex Ross County) has totally turned it around.
Carey & McHugh are consistently outstanding easily Championship quality but the MOM was the captain and defender Curtis Nelson only 23 or so but it was like watching Tony Adams but any of the team could have got it.
It was great to see Albions style under Gus in Div 1 but the way Argyle played it was even better.
Just hope it does not go tits up for them because they have some very good players and an excellent manager who could all easily get poached away by bigger clubs.

I wrote to the club about Curtis Nelson a couple of seasons ago when he was very raw but had obvious ability. No idea if we scouted him and not a position we are now desperate for but his value will have rocketed with experience

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I

I wrote to the club about Curtis Nelson a couple of seasons ago when he was very raw but had obvious ability. No idea if we scouted him and not a position we are now desperate for but his value will have rocketed with experience
Plymouth fans cannot believe the change in the way he is playing.
Still young and been with Argyle for some time through the dark times.
He stood out for me, everything went through him and he did not put a foot wrong.
Carey is on loan from Reading and he is way better than Div2 so is McHugh but this is all down to the Manager, spoke to him after the match at length and it was like talking to Ferguson which is both a good and bad thing.
If Walton can keep it going he will be loved but if he cocks up and let's some silly goals in and they drop points it may ruin him because this is Plymouths best chance for many years.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Walton is a fantastic prospect and sending him back to Plymouth is a brilliant idea for him, for us and for Plymouth - a club we obviously like a lot, so it's a brilliant piece of business. Plymouth gain a geniunely top quality keeper and Walton gets the first team games he is so clearly ready for.

Jack Butland had a loan spell with Cheltenham a couple of years ago, he's gone from strength to strength and this is the first step for Walton in his inevitable rise to our #1 spot. Joe Hart was at Shrewsbury for a couple of years, in the team at 17 before signing for City and being loaned out a couple of times to Oldham, Blackpool and possibly someone else in League 1 before really making his name.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chatted to a lad from Bury a while back and he said Walton looked good until he let in the goal from a "give it back" kick after an injury. The opposition let Bury walk in an equaliser but he reckons it somehow hit Walton's confidence. Thereafter he seemed error-prone behind a nervous defence and the reckoning was that his groin injury was a ruse to get him back to the Amex after Bury dropped him.
I think from the few games we saw last season he has the ability to have a very good career at a high level and Plymouth should be the perfect place for him right now with a sound defence and a team full of confidence.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Chatted to a lad from Bury a while back and he said Walton looked good until he let in the goal from a "give it back" kick after an injury. The opposition let Bury walk in an equaliser but he reckons it somehow hit Walton's confidence. Thereafter he seemed error-prone behind a nervous defence and the reckoning was that his groin injury was a ruse to get him back to the Amex after Bury dropped him.
I think from the few games we saw last season he has the ability to have a very good career at a high level and Plymouth should be the perfect place for him right now with a sound defence and a team full of confidence.

This seems pretty obvious to me. It should put things into perspective for those that clamour to drop Stockdale.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Walton beaten by a shot coming from outside the box

Plymouth 0 Orient 1

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
He also received treatment for an injury in the first minute.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here