Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we going to make a loan signing?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm will to bet that we'll play some lovely 1st half football, score first, and then get a second, before letting Brum back into the game with a goal just before half time, leaving the second half a tense affair as we create little, and have to bring on an additional midfielder to protect the lead.... thus not allowing us (AGAIN) to blood new talent.

Ha ha :lol: We are all becoming a little too jaundiced by this run! Unbelievable that in an extended unbeaten run we have never been able to record a "comfortable" win. It's the one question mark against our ability to stay the course. Can we hope to maintain a challenge when we have never been good enough to put more than one goal's difference between us and other sides no matter what their position in the table?

Birmingham put 5 past Fulham the other week then promptly lost to Charlton. Where on earth that leaves us for the next two games I have no idea but like you I don't expect either game to be comfortable!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ha ha :lol: We are all becoming a little too jaundiced by this run! Unbelievable that in an extended unbeaten run we have never been able to record a "comfortable" win. It's the one question mark against our ability to stay the course. Can we hope to maintain a challenge when we have never been good enough to put more than one goal's difference between us and other sides no matter what their position in the table?

Birmingham put 5 past Fulham the other week then promptly lost to Charlton. Where on earth that leaves us for the next two games I have no idea but like you I don't expect either game to be comfortable!

Wouldn't it be wonderful to be 3-0 up at half time, just for a change?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We'd still concede within 5 minutes of the restart and be in for a nervy "If they score another..." second half.

True - we excel at making it tricky for ourselves. I no longer trot out the 'At some point we're going to give some team a tonking' line anymore, as we don't seem capable, or willing to keep up the intensity to make that happen.

Don't get me wrong, the un-beaten run in amazing, and record breaking, but when we do lose, it could be quite possible to drop into a run on losing games by the odd goal, especially if we don't sort out of poor goals scored record.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
I'm will to bet that we'll play some lovely 1st half football, score first, and then get a second, before letting Brum back into the game with a goal just before half time, leaving the second half a tense affair as we create little, and have to bring on an additional midfielder to protect the lead.... thus not allowing us (AGAIN) to blood new talent.
Yep....Basically MK Dons then!

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Yep....Basically MK Dons then!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here