• Undecided

Votes: 9 13.6%
  • Not going

Votes: 37 56.1%

• Total voters

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If they had said during the construction of the Amex that womens football would have equal use of the facilities

Equal? There have been more than a 100 men's games at the Amex and the game against Charlton will be only the third women's match - that's a strange notion of equality.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
You are very agressive and self opinionated. Must be TLO at the keyboard. What a great way to attract new listeners...

Trendy 'liberal' types always get aggressive as soon as someone has the temerity to question them. Yet they are the ones who are usually the first to spout on about 'tolerance' but in reality they resort to insults such as 'misogynist' and tell you to 'get off the thread' if you write something that goes against their oh so perfect liberal agenda.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
So, because it's boring in your opinion we shouldn't bother investing in the games future? Why shouldn't women be aloud to aspire to become professional footballers? Considering they were banned from playing on any FA affiliated grounds for 48 years, it's no surprise the quality is much poorer..

Also might I add, they give up the freedom to go out Friday and Saturday night and get pissed like most people their age are doing.
So they give up their piss ups to play their chosen sport. Sorry that still doesn't make me want to go. I haven't said they shouldn't be allowed to play. It's a minority sport given a lot of exposure yet remains a largely unwatched event given the resources afforded it in comparison to a similar standard of mens participation.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just because someone has no interest in a match, doesn't mean that they object to it being played.

Which is my position. Absolutely zero interest in attending myself, but best wishes for the event being a success.

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Wow. There are some staggeringly narrow minded views here. Less than a week after the tragic events in Paris, that struck right at the heart of freedom, here we are debating whether the women's team should be "allowed" to play at the Amex.....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Wow. There are some staggeringly narrow minded views here. Less than a week after the tragic events in Paris, that struck right at the heart of freedom, here we are debating whether the women's team should be "allowed" to play at the Amex.....
This is a rediculous comparison to make. The arguments against the women's team playing at the Amex are to do with the fact that most people aren't fussed, and that it's going to be a few hundred fans rattling around in a 30K stadium. It's got **** all to do with freedom.

I'd make the same argument about the U21s games being played there if it wasn't for the fact that dev league rules stipulate it for a number of games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So how many do we think will go...? I'm quite looking forward to Sunday - something different and my 4 yr old had won a competition to be an Albion mascot :)

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
The Brighton captain went on talk sport yesterday to promote the fixture but failed to mention day or time:ffsparr:

She can promote it all she likes, but there will still be thousands of empty seats on Sunday. I'm sure the ground staff are thrilled about the prospect of 2 matches in 2 days.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Have the club announced whether people will be allowed to drink alcohol in the seats on Sunday? This is obviously allowed at most women's games, but as Albion Women haven't played at the Amex before I assume it's going to be a decision made specifically for this game? Anyone know as obviously it will affect pre-game plans. Cheers.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Does anyone know if you can park at the ground today? Or if not will season tickets be valid on trains??

You have to get a ticket. The season ticket card will not work.

The tickets say "Subsidised travel NOT included" on them (including the capitals).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here