Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lingard backed to handle England call-up by former Albion team-mate [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
England new boy Jesse Lingard has the cool head needed to handle international football – according to one of his former Albion colleagues.
The Manchester United forward, who played 17 games and scored four goals on loan for the Seagulls in 2013-14, has been called up to the squad to face France tomorrow.
His former team-mate Andrea Orlandi hopes he can answer England’s “desperate” need for a spark after improving since his time at the Amex.
Orlandi told The Argus: “When he was at Brighton I liked his attitude. Very calm and relaxed. You could see he could cope with the pressure that you feel at the highest level.
“His decision-making wasn’t the best at times but this comes with age and games.”
Orlandi added: “I played against him last season and I thought he had improved a lot.
“England are desperate for talent and people who can offer something different, a bit of magic, and Jesse can give you that.”
Lingard, above, was called in after United team-mate Michael Carrick and Leicester striker Jamie Vardy were both ruled out by injury.
Carrick injured an ankle in Friday’s 2-0 defeat by Spain.
Meanwhile, Ecuador international Miler Bolanos is the latest South American striker to be linked with Albion.
The 25-year-old plays in his homeland for Emelec, who are reportedly ready to negotiate for the player they rate at around £6.5 million.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here