Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Joao Teixeira

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
So many of these new owners and managers don't seem to realise what a tough division the Champiosnhip is, flair alone won't cut it...see us under Gus Poyet

Dare I say Charlton also. Theor owners came in and actually made decent signings and then it all unravelled.

Zenga looks a pretty terrible manger as well. Sacked at Sampdoria after 14 games last season. Longest he has lasted anywhere is 50 games. Signings all look a bit meh, to me. Then they just rumour the signing of Anderson Talisca for £20m, from under the noses of Liverpool :rolleyes: Then Jorge Mendes gets to shuffle some players around from Portugal via the medium of brown envelopes and away we go, another club sold to idiots and fans hood winked in to believing in a brave new world.

Wolves available at 16-1 to be relegated with certain bookies. There are definitely worse bets out there.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
bumped_by_god.gif

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Has the transfer window reopened momentarily?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

taz

Feb 18, 2015
And playing very well and on top form, according to my Portuguese amex seat neighbor,, looking like a rising star !

There's only two Joao Teixeiras

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Tex is playing against Arsenal tonight in the Europa League with his current club Vitoría. There's an interview with him in today's Guardian where we get a mention https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/24/vitoria-guimaraes-joao-teixeira-arsenal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/24/vitoria-guimaraes-joao-teixeira-arsenal

Teixeira spent a season at Brighton in between those two appearances. He proved himself in the Championship with 36 appearances and five goals, which saw the midfielder collect the club’s Young Player of the Year award but disaster struck against Huddersfield. “The season was very good for me, but I broke my leg four games before the end of the season. It was not very nice; I had to stop, have surgery, they put some screws and a plate in my leg and I needed rehab to recover during the holidays.

“The plan was to go back to Liverpool, maybe have a few chances but maybe it wasn’t the right time to go back and I should have stayed another year at Brighton. I think I could have had more chances but that is not my choice, it is always the manager who decides if I do or do not get more chances, so that’s up to him.”

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tex is playing against Arsenal tonight in the Europa League with his current club Vitoría. There's an interview with him in today's Guardian where we get a mention https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/24/vitoria-guimaraes-joao-teixeira-arsenal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/24/vitoria-guimaraes-joao-teixeira-arsenal

Teixeira spent a season at Brighton in between those two appearances. He proved himself in the Championship with 36 appearances and five goals, which saw the midfielder collect the club’s Young Player of the Year award but disaster struck against Huddersfield. “The season was very good for me, but I broke my leg four games before the end of the season. It was not very nice; I had to stop, have surgery, they put some screws and a plate in my leg and I needed rehab to recover during the holidays.

“The plan was to go back to Liverpool, maybe have a few chances but maybe it wasn’t the right time to go back and I should have stayed another year at Brighton. I think I could have had more chances but that is not my choice, it is always the manager who decides if I do or do not get more chances, so that’s up to him.”

Loved watching Tex when he was with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here