Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Whitehawk still want to change their name

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Apparently the owners of whitehawk( the skip co) had a deal with a former chairman of ringmer fc but the new owners of ringmer reformed it as a different company say rfc 2013 after tbey went into administration and the old rfc only owned the clubhouse and not the pitch this is all i heard anyhow so no harm done to ringmer . I suppose it may of been a bit like the albion but on a much smaller scale. You may be able to find stuff on line about court cases but i couldnt even tell u what court it was heard in.

Had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You do realise that there isn't a village in Northamptonshire called "Diamonds"?!:dunce:

Rushden & Diamonds FC was formed as a merger in 1992 between Rushden Town FC, and Irthlingborough Diamonds FC.

That might be a little 'whoosh' there Saxy.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

This all reminds me of that cringeworthy chant at White Hart Lane last season, "You're just a small town in Arsenal" :facepalm:

And the 'small town in Villa' chant at St Andrews. As splendid as our away choristers are, that was a cringe worthy moment.

They have been called whitehawk since 1945 they should keep the name.

Can Brighton support 2 league teams? Is there that much interest?
If the owners really wanted to turn another Sussex team onto the top leagues then they should of invested in a team like Worthing or Bognor,

Hmmm ?...... What if the owners have no connection with "Worthing or Bognor" ?

If I copped £100million on the Euro Lottery it would be Peacehaven in The Champions League* in 10 years time, Hastings United wouldn't get a new bog brush.

*im aware that isn't enough money but you get my point

albionite

May 20, 2009
Hmmm ?...... What if the owners have no connection with "Worthing or Bognor" ?

If I copped £100million on the Euro Lottery it would be Peacehaven in The Champions League* in 10 years time, Hastings United wouldn't get a new bog brush.

*im aware that isn't enough money but you get my point

My point was more I don't think Brighton can sustain two football league clubs. Which is the owners aim why they want the name change.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
As someone else suggested, Brighton Hawks would be a much better name anyway.

I can see both arguments to some degree but I don't really buy this idea that the emergency services would get "confused". Does that happen in Sheffield, or Nottingham, or Dundee, or Bristol, or Oxford, or Swindon?

This is absolutely none of our business what they call themselves, the board are being petty about something that will barely affect us. Sorry to see the usually straight-shooting Naylor falling into line with the official line too. The emergency services must be laughing their heads off at being told they can't tell Falmer and Whitehawk apart. I guess we had better change the name of our stadium too in case the em services confuse it with that building near the law courts.

Good luck to the Hawks fans in getting what the majority of them want, I think there is a heated debate among themselves as to just what that might be - but it's up them and we should keep our noses out.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Do the majority of Whitehawk Supporters REALLY want their club to change it's name to Brighton City?
I personally couldn't care less if there was any clash with BHA, but really, Brighton City? It's ridiculous.

East Brighton FC or keep your name as Whitehawk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite simply, the FA won't allow a town or a city that already has a club with it's name, to let another team use it, now.

Everton don't do too badly, being a district of Scouseland.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The Albion should keep its beak out of local footie,not the first time they have played the bully:moo:

How much has the club spent promoting our name. Would ASDA allow you open a grocery shop and call it ASDA Mini Market. Of course they wouldnt as it capitalises on their name and gives the impression of a connection between the two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here