Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to outlaw religion

OGH's Libido

Nov 30, 2014
Not a smart move to outlaw religion. BUT, man made law can supersede religious law, practices and tenets. You can even 'get them' on their beliefs, if you are prepared to wait. A few centuries.

Don't like Kosher or Halal slaughter? You can ban that.
Problem with men (and it is ALWAYS men) taking child brides? Enforce the law - prosecute.
Female genital mutilation (granted, this one crops up more in the Hadith than the Koran)? Yup, you can ban that too.
... and so on, and so forth.

While it took the best part of half a millennia, the Catholic Church conceded that actually, yes, Galileo was right! The earth isn't stationary, and that perhaps the church had retarded scientific progress by persecuting its brightest minds.

Could you imagine the poo storm if one of the mono-theist religions came about in our time, and not when they did?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yeah, you know your history you pea brained moron.
http://www.theholocaustexplained.or...did-the-catholic-church-respond/#.Vkhwz03FbIU

The Catholic church did not help the Jews, some individual employees and the pope elected in 1939 did

How old are you by the way , your name calling is that of a school child

Funny how the Jews don't share your views. Don't you find that strange? The same Jews who spent so much time and effort tracking down people who wronged them during the war actually have the total opposite view to yours. Don't you think the Jews know more about this than you?

Here's what the Jews said when the Pope passed away...

Pope Pius XII died on October 8, 1958. Many Jewish organizations and newspapers around the world mourned his passing, and recalled his wartime efforts to rescue Jews. At the United Nations, Golda Meir, Israel's Foreign Minister, said, "When fearful martyrdom came to our people in the decade of Nazi terror, the voice of the Pope was raised for the victims. The life of our times was enriched by a voice speaking out on the great moral truths above the tumult of daily conflict." The Zionist Record (October 17) in South Africa published Meir's moving eulogy along with tributes from Jewish organizations to the late Pope.

I'm going with the Jews on this one. Cause you know, they know more about it than you do.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/56002/I...nds-of-Jews-during-the-Holocaust#.Vkh8WHYrKUk

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stop brainwashing kids in schools for a start

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-11-15-12-43-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-11-15-12-43-20.png
    394.5 KB · Views: 70

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

And for you...

Upon his death in 1958, among many Jewish tributes, the Chief Rabbi of Rome Elio Toaff, said: "Jews will always remember what the Catholic Church did for them by order of the Pope during the Second World War. When the war was raging, Pius spoke out very often to condemn the false race theory."

See that? A Jew that was there, A Jew who was captured by the Nazis and made to dig his own grave,a Jew who lived through the Nazi occupation and he is telling his recollection of it. It does not match yours.

You don't need to read anymore tripe, you have the truth from someone who was there. Not some johnny come lately who called themselves an academic and wrote a book about something they didn't experience.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Funny how the Jews don't share your views. Don't you find that strange? The same Jews who spent so much time and effort tracking down people who wronged them during the war actually have the total opposite view to yours. Don't you think the Jews know more about this than you?

Here's what the Jews said when the Pope passed away...

I'm going with the Jews on this one. Cause you know, they know more about it than you do.

http://www.speroforum.com/a/56002/I...nds-of-Jews-during-the-Holocaust#.Vkh8WHYrKUk

The signing of the Concordat is not a view of mine it is something that happened

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The signing of the Concordat is not a view of mine it is something that happened

The Concordat of 33 I assume you mean. As opposed to the much later Munich Agreement signed by the PM of Great Britain in 38.

Does signing that mean the UK was in league with the Nazis using your train of thought?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
The evolution of our species is based of great storytelling, embellishment and filling in the blanks. It’s like a post prehistoric syndrome that our current so called humanity is based on. Of course it doesn’t help when we seem to have a predisposition or are susceptible to being superstitious, like wearing our lucky pants, dare not tread on the cracks in the pavement, or just liking even numbers. Even feeling lucky today seems to be a natural precondition programmed into our DNA. The national lottery takes advantage of this weakness and markets itself with the superstitious based “Lucky Dip” or “It could be you” with a powerful finger crossing or pointing at you symbol.

Storytelling and superstition seems to have played an integral part in our survival and evolution, but we are still basically monkeys and have not attained our true humanity yet. I am certain that any advanced intelligent life in the universe would also go through their own storytelling and superstitious phase.

I don’t need religion in my life but I am fascinated by its psychology so therefore it is, and in all of its thousands of years of history, all the disputes are thankfully now being recorded digitally for our descendants to view debate and make up their own minds. I have to add that I think it is dead crafty of Muslims to have classed Muhammad as the final messenger and the last ever prophet. Seems to make it a done deal :shrug:

It won’t be in my lifetime but I hope that one day we come out the other side because the Torah, the New Testament, and the Quran is a house of cards and should one day just be viewed as we view Greek Mythology today.

To outlaw religion you would have to outlaw superstition first.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stop brainwashing kids in schools for a start

The fastest growing Christian church is in China, where religion isn't taught in schools or anywhere else for that matter.
Russia banned bibles, and those that wanted a bible had to make do with ones that were smuggled in. It didn't stop the church.
In fact, where Christianity is banned, it helps the message as people realise that stopping Christians going to university, or being sacked, and yet people still want to become Christian, shows that there is something to it.
You may not want to believe, but why ban it for those that do?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Although not wanting religion banned theresplenty that can be done to curtail its abuses

1 Ban male genital mutilation.

2 Prob more America but ban religious exemptions for vaccinations.

3 Mke religious education optional in schools and make logic, reason and philosophy compulsory.

4 Ban religious dogma from Science lessons.

5 Independent watchdog to monito rpriests sexual abuse.

6 Ban Kosher and hallal slaughter.

7. Remove charitable status from Religions who cant justify their costs/income, ie Scientology.

For starters......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here