Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to outlaw religion

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
He didn't say it was all muslims, why tar him with that generalisations?

btwI agreetoan extent .Religious claptrap needs to be discouraged.

He literally said 'Muslims'. Given the lack of a contextualising suffix or prefix it can only be interpreted as all of them.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Looking forward to the day when the existence of Aliens is proven. Then it's bye bye to the primitive religions of planet Earth.

It would put an end to the main Abrahamic religions at least with the silly creation fairy tales

however if aliens are proven and they have 4 arms and an elephant head it will be party time in India.

Ridley Scott is due to provide all the answers soon........not long to wait now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Should we outlaw baths since Victoria Climbie was murdered in one?

not sure thats the best example you should be giving
wasnt that poor girl at some point taken to a church,where the minister/religious leader agreed her injuries(from abuse) were actually because of demonic possession

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
20 hooligans fight at one football match.................lets ban football

Tis a valid point. A lot of hatred is fused by twenty two people kicking a bag of air around a patch of grass.

larus

Mankind has always needed to believe in a superior power. Whether it be the Sun-God, River-Gods, Moon-God, Greek Gods, etc.. It's part fear and part wanting to have something to blame/appease when things go wrong. Organised religion is just the next logical step from these primitive beliefs.

If there was a 'GOD', why would not all religions belive in this GOD? Are we supposed to think (as Christians), that all Hindus would go to Hell because they don't believe in Him/Her? The answer of religious people to these type of questions is always "Faith". No, it;'s blindness to logic. Why would 'God' send Jesus to earth to save the sins of those that repented, yet not offer the same to all the other people on the planet? South America, North America, China, Russia, etc. I guess they weren't worth the effort as they weren't the chosen ones. Yeah, right.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
He literally said 'Muslims'. Given the lack of a contextualising suffix or prefix it can only be interpreted as all of them.

No dumbass its interpretted as plurral, if you have trouble with meaning then its polite to ask. As he didn't add "ALL" or "Some" this doesn't give people like you the right to paraphrase what he said to insinuate whatever is in your own agenda.

Im dyslexic so english isn' t my strong point,being kind I would say it isn't yours either.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
How do you outlaw a belief. Yes you could close all churches and other places of worship but this does not stop people believing. Are all bibles and other religious books to be burnt. Are all films which have any vaguely religious sceen to be destroyed banned or censored. What about the queen as head of the church of England.

While many do not belueve in god or religion thete should be a tolerance and acceptance which accepts differing views within a free society

"How do you outlaw a belief. Yes you could close all churches and other places of worship but this does not stop people believing. Are all bibles and other religious books to be burnt. Are all films which have any vaguely religious sceen to be destroyed banned or censored."
All of the above would be a good start along with closing our borders

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Which one do you believe in
1/ The one from the dark ages that had Christians burning Christians
2/The catholic church backing Hitler in exterminating the Jews in the 1930`s
3/The current situation where Muslims think it is ok to murder anyone

I mostly believe the beginning of mankind story...
The one where Adam shacks up with Eve and she has two children ....both boys?

Then I'm left wondering, where the feck did Adam come from ?

Somethings not quite right about the bible. ???

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
No dumbass its interpretted as plurral, if you have trouble with meaning then its polite to ask. As he didn't add "ALL" or "Some" this doesn't give people like you the right to paraphrase what he said to insinuate whatever is in your own agenda.

Im dyslexic so english isn' t my strong point,being kind I would say it isn't yours either.

I have no agenda. For what its worth I do not believe in any sort of supreme deity, or deities for the polytheistic among us, I merely think he could have been clearer with his meaning.

And there's no need for name calling. You should be able to make your point without verbal attacks and insinuations about my ability with English.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Do you really believe that if you use contraception a supreme being will banish you to hell?

I don't, that would be ridiculous. I always put mine on in the dark and under the covers, so how would he know?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
What if they coincide?

Native Americans believe UFO's are star people who help god.

Mmmm ... I think that might be reinforcing TAM's view rather than query it! Unless of course you believe the 'star people' people theory.
Besides which, I'm not convinced that Native Americans were believed to be exceptionally bright.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Which one do you believe in
1/ The one from the dark ages that had Christians burning Christians
2/The catholic church backing Hitler in exterminating the Jews in the 1930`s
3/The current situation where Muslims think it is ok to murder anyone

only the first of these is true, due mostly to the absurd broadness of the claim. none of them seem make any point though, much like the premise that we should outlaw religion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here