Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Best ever football insults.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Can't remember exactly what away game it was, it was oop North somewhere, could have been the FA cup game away to Hull. They were singing (because we come from so far down south) "you're French, and you know you are, you're french, and you know you are......"

To which, almost immediately, in complete unison, the five hundred or so of us there responded with "bonjour, bonjour, we are the Brighton boys, bonjour, bonjour, we are th Brighton boys....."

Not exactly an insult, but it was th speed of response tht just made it so funny and so memorable!

I guess you had to be there.......

Jan 10, 2014
To the tune of Yellow Submarine

"Peter Reid's got a f**king monkeys heed, a f**king monkeys heed, a f**king monkeys heed"

Geordies to the then manager of Sunderland.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
And the near identical version "Sven goran erikson's got a f00kin aliens head, a f00kin aliens head...."

Jan 10, 2014
Us at home to Chelsea 2010 when John Terry and Ashley Cole came near to the Longside ( it had just come out that Terry had been having an affair with Wayne Bridge's bit)........

"Same old Terry, always cheating,........Ashley Ashley where's your wife"

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I remember Tommy Docherty saying that John Barnes got injured even when he appeared on Question Of Sport.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
You stupid bxxtards, you burned your own town!

You should have burned more etc etc.

On another note, hearing a group of Scousers giving it the 'town full of pooftahs' at The Amex, I responded with a 'You're too ugly etc', give 'em their due, they fell about laughing and thought it was brilliant!
It's the people finding this sort of thing funny who are the reason our support has no sense of humour these days. GOOD GRIEF

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Can't remember exactly what away game it was, it was oop North somewhere, could have been the FA cup game away to Hull. They were singing (because we come from so far down south) "you're French, and you know you are, you're french, and you know you are......"

To which, almost immediately, in complete unison, the five hundred or so of us there responded with "bonjour, bonjour, we are the Brighton boys, bonjour, bonjour, we are th Brighton boys....."

Not exactly an insult, but it was th speed of response tht just made it so funny and so memorable!

I guess you had to be there.......

It was the replay at Hull in the FA Cup under Oscar Garcia.
Hull fans started singing "You're so Southern, you're practically French"
And the reply of "bonjour, bonjour...etc" was sang straight back.
I was there and you're right it was very funny, Hull fans laughed along too IIRC.

Jbanged

Jan 16, 2013
Barcelona
The copa del rey final a few years ago. Real Madrid vs athletic Bilbao.
Real we're celebrating the clubs 100 year birthday (I think it was 100) and Bilbao were winning, so they sang happy birthday to Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Directed at the referee back at Withdean by a bloke wearing (I think) a blue and white Barrow FC hat, with Etreme Feeling:

"Oy Ref. Its people like you that give b'stards like me a bad name"

Class. Will never for get that one :lolol:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
It is only a question, and I'm not having a dig or anything, but do you expect everyone to know the content regarding the pop Terry had at Savage?

Personally I have not got a clue :shrug:

Hah, absolutely right.

He was talking about taking criticism and said he'd listen all day to people he respects, people who have played at the very top of the game. But not from Robbie Savage.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Manchester City fans singing "You're not incredible" to Hulk was quite amusing.

Even more so when Porto complained, suggesting it was racist...:facepalm:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
It was the replay at Hull in the FA Cup under Oscar Garcia.
Hull fans started singing "You're so Southern, you're practically French"
And the reply of "bonjour, bonjour...etc" was sang straight back.
I was there and you're right it was very funny, Hull fans laughed along too IIRC.

And the following week TSLR produced a teeshirt with the Bonjour,Bonjour song on the front
Got one straight away and will be wearing it when we go to Hull next year

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here