Which ?

• Incompetent

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • Bent

Votes: 48 64.9%

• Total voters

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
He's not bent, it's just his girly posh accent.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As someone else mentioned, it seems that these organisations are so corrupt that you can't make it to the top without turning a blind eye at least. If you rock the boat or don't cosy up to those in power they simply shut you out.

If he grows some balls and cleans up the sport I guess everyone will be happy to overlook anything that went on before. The same goes for the next president of FIFA.

To catch a wolf, you have to be a wolf. (or something harder, like a honey badger :wink: )

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think the truth lies somewhere in between, his business interests along with Nike are intertwined with sport and athletics and as such must create a conflict of interest. Through this all it should be remembered that he is a business man and not someone who is working unpaid for a sport he loves. I would give him a go,he can't be any worse than some other "Great " leaders of sporting bodies, Havalange,Blatter etc etc.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
If (& it's a big if) he was vice president for eight years & had no suspicions he's utterly incompetent or turning a blind eye at the absolute best. Add the Nike contract, his "declaration of war on our sport" comments & his flattery & cozying up to his Blatteresque predecessor, of course he has to go

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It was always suspect when he chose to attack the press rather than condemn any drug misdoing a couple of years ago.

Doesn't look 100% good for him.

el punal

When it suits. I remember back in 1983 our Seb was distraught after his massive Sheffield Wednesday were defeated 2-1 by Brighton and Hove Albion in the FA Cup semi-final. Then, only recently, the camera pans in on LORD Coe at a televised match at Stamford Bridge. Cue comment from commentator : " There's Sebastian Coe, lifelong Chelsea fan . . . ". :shrug:

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
http://www.skysports.com/more-sport...helped-by-chelsea-donation-confirms-spokesman

Lord Coe's campaign for the IAAF presidency was helped by a donation from Chelsea, a spokesman for the peer has confirmed.

Coe is a long-time supporter of Chelsea and a paid consultant for the club - it appears on his House of Lords' register of interests - and the Chelsea board agreed to provide some funds for his campaign.

The club was one of several private donors, and he also received £63,000 from UK Sport for his campaign.

A spokesman for Coe said the Chelsea donation had been agreed by the board and not the club's Russian owner Roman Abramovich.

The confirmation comes after Nick Davies, Coe's right-hand man at the IAAF, stepped aside from his role as the director of the president's office on Tuesday while he is investigated by the IAAF's ethics commission.

Davies faces allegations of unethical behaviour after the French newspaper Le Monde obtained a copy of an email sent by him in which he appears to discuss delaying the identification of Russian drug cheats in the run-up to the 2013 World Championships in Moscow.

In the email sent to Papa Massata Diack - the son of former president Lamine Diack and who has rejected allegations of alleged extortion and bribery - Davies appears to look to minimise the impact of naming Russian athletes who have failed drug tests.

Davies, who denies any wrongdoing, said in a statement: "I have decided to step aside from my role with the IAAF until such time as the ethics board is able to review the matter properly and decide if I am responsible for any breach of the IAAF code of ethics."

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Have never been able to stand the bloke. Mainly just on gut instinct - but also a bit to do with Steve Ovett ...

Wouldn't be sorry if he gets some sort of deserved comeuppance now.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I believe in the guy's intent, which leaves me feeling he is incompetent. He certainly needs to work hard to fix the situation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
On a serious note, I have always found SC a bit too squeaky clean, do not think he is naive going into the job, probably wearing rose tinted glasses, thinking he could change things.
A bit like asking Gary Lineker to take charge at FIFA
Steve Ovett for president :)

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Former conservative MP and now a Lord, whiff of corruption has followed him for a while now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4107866/Lord-Coe-reject-MPs-calls-evidence-doping.html

Lord Coe will reject calls to appear in front of a panel of influential MPs this month, after he was recalled to give more evidence to an inquiry into doping in sport.

As president of the International Association of Athletics Federations, Lord Coe was questioned by the Commons culture, media and sport select committee – but concerns have since been raised over a ‘lack of credibility’ in his evidence.

Parliament wants to know when he first heard about alleged corruption within the corridors of the IAAF and the extent of Russia’s doping problems. But Lord Coe believes he ‘has no further information he can provide to the inquiry’ and is not available before the end of the month.

Yesterday the select committee heard from former British long-distance runner David Bedford.

His evidence echoed a joint investigation between Sportsmail and the BBC’s Panorama last June which revealed that former London Marathon race director Bedford had tried to raise the alarm over corruption in August 2014 by sending Coe, then the IAAF vice-president, an email about the extortion of Russian marathon star Liliya Shobukhova.

A spokesman for Coe told Sportsmail that the double Olympic champion had not opened the attachments to the email and had instead forwarded it to the IAAF ethics committee. Lord Coe claimed he was unaware of the specific allegations until a German TV documentary was released.

But committee chairman Damian Collins said last night: ‘We are interested to know what Lord Coe knew and when.

‘He said that he was unaware of the specific allegations until they were broadcast in the documentary, but David Bedford’s evidence casts some doubt on this.

‘There should be no reason he cannot find a time in his diary to attend the committee by January 31. We are all concerned, given the evidence David Bedford has provided, that Lord Coe’s statement that he was unaware of allegations relating to doping in Russian athletics in particular lacks credibility.’

Knew it all along - Coe is a weasel. Not fit for purpose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here