Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bos-Herze v Ireland

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Do you think that "therefore my son is stained with Irish blood" is the sort of comment that a reasonable and intelligent father would make?

Yes, yes I do. Tongue in cheek, of course. No tone in text, remember.

I've nothing against the Irish, most of my bloody extended family are Irish, they are lovely people, I just don't understand why so many people seem to think it is such a great country, when anyone with half a brain leaves it at the first opportunity.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011

I've nothing against the Irish, most of my bloody extended family are Irish, they are lovely people, I just don't understand why so many people seem to think it is such a great country, when anyone with half a brain leaves it at the first opportunity.

Immigration just in our blood I suppose. Didn't have much of a choice back in the day.. Ah no I think it could be to do with economics. For example in the boom there was probably mass emigration.

I don't see how people leaving a country makes it a bad country? Maybe it's a good thing? Less ***** like myself there

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

No tone in text indeed, but it's not my job to imagine you giving a cheeky wink when you say something obnoxious. I cringe when I think of Irish Albion fans reading this stuff. And who claims it to be such a great country? The Irish people I know are the first to point out its shortcomings but are obviously still fond of it.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Great place to visit on holiday and to see relatives.

The work situation drives a lot of the immigration nowadays.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No tone in text indeed, but it's not my job to imagine you giving a cheeky wink when you say something obnoxious. I cringe when I think of Irish Albion fans reading this stuff. And who claims it to be such a great country? The Irish people I know are the first to point out its shortcomings but are obviously still fond of it.

It's not your job to judge what I say full stop. Do you cringe when you think of Croydon based Albion fans reading bad things about Croydon on here?

Loads of people claim it's a great country, so often I hear about what a fantastic city Dublin is- it's the most overrated city in Europe.

I think my gloomy view of the country could be lifted slightly if, just once, I managed to see some sunshine there. Once in the 3-4 visits a year for the last 10 years might have made a difference. Dreadful place.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
It's not your job to judge what I say full stop. Do you cringe when you think of Croydon based Albion fans reading bad things about Croydon on here?

Loads of people claim it's a great country, so often I hear about what a fantastic city Dublin is- it's the most overrated city in Europe.

I think my gloomy view of the country could be lifted slightly if, just once, I managed to see some sunshine there. Once in the 3-4 visits a year for the last 10 years might have made a difference. Dreadful place.

Of course I'm going to judge what you say on a public forum...if I find it sufficiently obnoxious I will say so. That's the way it works. May I suggest that you stop visiting Ireland; you're trying to hide it but I suspect you don't like it.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Of course I'm going to judge what you say on a public forum...if I find it sufficiently obnoxious I will say so. That's the way it works. May I suggest that you stop visiting Ireland; you're trying to hide it but I suspect you don't like it.

I'd love to stop visiting. Wouldn't go down very well :)

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
In fairness to BG, that's a fairly poor comparison, Raheem Sterling has lived in England the majority of his life, legend has it that Richard Keogh and Cyrus Christie are eligible having had a pint of Guiness together in 2009

Yeah I should have said Owen Hargreaves for a better like for like. To my knowledge Ireland have never had an international who has qualified through residency á la Tony Dorigo and many others across the world.

Both of those qualify under the grand-parent rule and the Irish blood runs deep in families; I was brought up with many second generation Irish who wouldn't consider themselves anything else. And Keogh was an U-19 international so must have had that Guinness under age. You should have said the adopted David McGoldrick, who only discovered his Irish heritage after researching.

And let's not even talk about Tony Cascarino, but instead of the players eligible to play for Ireland - Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Martin Keown, Steve Bruce, Steve McManaman, Gary Cahill, Aaron Lennon and Jack Grealish to name but a few. So let us have Jon Walter's and some championship players never good enough to play for England eh, and you can keep your record goal-scorer.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Yeah I should have said Owen Hargreaves for a better like for like. To my knowledge Ireland have never had an international who has qualified through residency á la Tony Dorigo and many others across the world.

Both of those qualify under the grand-parent rule and the Irish blood runs deep in families; I was brought up with many second generation Irish who wouldn't consider themselves anything else. And Keogh was an U-19 international so must have had that Guinness under age. You should have said the adopted David McGoldrick, who only discovered his Irish heritage after researching.

And let's not even talk about Tony Cascarino, but instead of the players eligible to play for Ireland - Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard, Paul Scholes, Martin Keown, Steve Bruce, Steve McManaman, Gary Cahill, Aaron Lennon and Jack Grealish to name but a few. So let us have Jon Walter's and some championship players never good enough to play for England eh, and you can keep your record goal-scorer.

Well said that man!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here