Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARCH REAPING BENEFITS OF INTERNATIONAL FOOTBALL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion winger Solly March is reaping the benefits of being involved in the England under-21 squad.The 21-year-old believes that training alongside top-flight defenders is helping to improve his own game as he strives to fulfil his ambition of playing at the very highest level.
He said, “You’re playing against Premier League defenders in training and I’d like to think I can hold my own.
“It’s definitely a confidence builder knowing you can compete against players of that quality.
“All the wingers in the squad are versatile, so you often start in one place and then you drift over. That’s what you need to do at times.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Three Lions head into Monday’s match versus Switzerland at the Amex with seven points from their opening three games, level with group leaders Norway and with a game in hand.March acknowledges the fact that England are heavily fancied to claim top spot in the group, but is refusing to get carried away ahead of a difficult series of qualifying fixtures.
He is also urging fans to turn up in their droves to watch the stars of tomorrow in next Monday’s game.
“We’ll be quite confident [of finishing top], but we’ve got to treat it one game at a time. We’re probably the favourites in the group, but there's still a lot of tough games coming up, particularly away from home.
“The fans should come down to the game and take a look at some good up-and-coming England players.”
March has established himself in Albion’s first-team squad in the last couple of seasons since progressing up from the development squad, and feels his move to join the club as a youngster has been vindicated.
“It was a good decision. I was probably going to get more of a chance breaking into the first team at Brighton.
“The aim now is to play at the top level and I hope that’s at Brighton. It would be great to play in the Premier League because that’s where I want be at the end of my career.
“You never know what could happen, I’ve just got to keep working hard.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here