Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Watches

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Wear one?
Which wrist?
what type?
do you wear it to bed/all the time or remove each eve?

started as a debate at work so what does NSC think? do you own an expensive watch or what would you pay for one?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
1965 Omega Chronostop, wear it daily, left wrist of course, take it off at night. Had it for the past ten years.

For holiday wear it's a TAG I bought 20 odd years ago, I know I can wear it in the pool and in the sea, wouldn't risk the Omega in that.

Would quite fancy a nice new watch, something like an Omega, but I can't justify the cost.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
£4.99 in the local indoor market (occasionally splash out on a £9.99 one). Digital. Doesn't need winding. Looks like an expensive one. Keeps perfect time. Worn 24 hours a day except for bath/shower time. The straps wear out long before the watches - throw away and buy a new one. Job done.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Never worn one but do have a collection as over the years at Christmas someone will buy me one with a comment, "Saw you didn't have a watch" :facepalm:
If i had wanted one i would have got myself one by now ! :rant:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Left wrist, Cartier

My bad, probably my best investment and worn daily

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never worn a watch. I like a bit of adornment, but not a watch.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I love watches and rotate several throughout the week including a 30 year old TAG that belonged to my grandfather and still runs perfectly and a retro Casio watch that reminds me of being at school.

Always left wrist and never wear a watch to bed.

My watch that I wear only for 'best' is an Omega Seamaster 300m that I treated myself to last year. Beautiful watch.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I did get one I'd probably get one of them watches they took to the moon. Read about it in Buzz Aldrin's book. They seem quite cool.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I have a few but my Omega Seamaster Pro 300 Automatic (not quartz) is my favourite. It's a 2254.50 as I don't like the sword style hands on many of the Seamasters.

k3953_2.jpg

I went through a phase of flipping watches quite often, but I've not done that for a while now.

Left wrist.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I love watches and rotate several throughout the week including a 30 year old TAG that belonged to my grandfather and still runs perfectly and a retro Casio watch that reminds me of being at school.

I've got a Tag which isn't too far away from being 30 years old now. I took out a student loan at university to buy it.

I haven't worn it for years now - it's just so small compared to modern watches.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Right wrist
Through the curtains
At my neighbour

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I've got a Tag which isn't too far away from being 30 years old now. I took out a student loan at university to buy it.

I haven't worn it for years now - it's just so small compared to modern watches.

Yes the standard industry size seems to be a minimum of 40mm these days whilst I would say the Tag is no more than 34mm

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A black Police watch. Only recently started re-wearing it as one of the pins snapped and I never got round to fixing it - cost me a fiver in the end in a top end shop in The Lanes. A kind gift from Mrs Westdene a few years back and love wearing it. Left wrist for reference.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Police Watch.jpg
    Police Watch.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 1,876

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Never wear a watch.

Me neither, can look at my phone if I need to know the time.
Never particularly enjoyed wearing one in the days before mobile blowers, don't wear any jewellery either - annoying enough having to wear my bins all the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here