Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The good, the bad and the Brighton - Croydon Advertiser

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Wrong. We had capacity crowds in the first few years at Withdean because it only held 5K. We then had to apply and fight for planning permission to put in another 3K, because it sold out. There were 4K sths with 800 for away fans, and the rest were by ballot. We had to send a chq with a sae, for a ticket or to have the cheque returned.

It's a shame all these desperate fans couldn't be bothered to attend the Goldstone.
Despite what WCP says, apart from the glory years (late 70's/ early 80's) you could barely get 10,000 .

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The bottom line is you only started getting capacity crowds in your promotion season, with the dangled carrot of a shiny new stadium as an incentive.

If you are going to sneer, at least get your facts right.

In 1999/2000 the average attendance was 5,733, and the capacity was 5,900. It took me four years as a non STH to get hold of a ticket for a home match.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's a shame all these desperate fans couldn't be bothered to attend the Goldstone.
Despite what WCP says, apart from the glory years (late 70's/ early 80's) you could barely get 10,000 .

You know every single crowd number from 1901 to 1997? I'm impressed. I started going in the 60s and remember over 20K.
Here's an excerpt from the early 70s. Read, mark, learn, and inwardly digest.
http://www.glaucus.org.uk/Albion-3.htm

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
When these ***** were in the Championship that stand was more than 3/4 empty and their crowds were mainly between 10/13 k most of the time not even that.
Utterly deluded bunch of cretins.
They keep saying "well your crowds were so tiny at Withdean , where have all your fans come from all of a sudden "
Ummm hellooooo !!!!!!!
You can't fit 20k odd into a stadium that takes at its maximum 7k and when the we weere at Priestfield it was nearly a 200 mile round trip for most and their
ground was tiny too.
Also the Goldstone was half shut for years because it was too dangerous for people to stand in.
Before that it was 18k + all the time nearly.
Thats our question answered Palarse whats your excuses you scabby ****ing pikey *****. ANSWER .... You don't have an answer ***** !!! GRRRRRRR I****ING HATE PALARSE SCUM

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Really? I seem to remember inthe late 60s early 70s being in 15-20 thousand crowds quite often, and 30 thousand on the odd occasion, but I bow to your superior knowledge of a club you don't support

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

Another Palarse cretin talking utter **** !!

Feb 14, 2010
American owners will suit Palace. They already have cheer leaders, a naff pop song for the players to run out to, fans that bang drums and most of who only turn up when playing in "the best" league. They are not really a proper old school English club like Brighton whose fans fought for the club and who will turn up for Bristol City at home on a midweek for a Championship game.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
American owners will suit Palace. They already have cheer leaders, a naff pop song for the players to run out to, fans that bang drums and most of who only turn up when playing in "the best" league. They are not really a proper old school English club like Brighton whose fans fought for the club and who will turn up for Bristol City at home on a midweek....

On a morning like this you're engaging in a pissing contest about who's more genuine than who, when our histories are very similar, hence the rivalry.

What a thick w@nker.

albionite

May 20, 2009
J
American owners will suit Palace. They already have cheer leaders, a naff pop song for the players to run out to, fans that bang drums and most of who only turn up when playing in "the best" league. They are not really a proper old school English club like Brighton whose fans fought for the club and who will turn up for Bristol City at home on a midweek....

On a morning like this you're engaging in a pissing contest about who's more genuine than who, when our histories are very similar, hence the rivalry.

What a thick w@nker.

If he said something nice then it wouldn't be a rivalry , now f*ck off back to your own forum sad prick.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Enjoy the experience , Wickham to score ?

Haha That was something rarely seen by Sunderland fans. Wickham in the 4 years he played for them scored a total of 11 league goals in that time.
Now here is a fact the Palace fans might like to ponder on, that is 10 goals less than Mackail Smith scored for Brighton over the same period.
Palace fans thought that it was extremely funny we paid £2.5 million for such a poor goal return. How much have you paid for Wickham, £8 mill and I think Palace fans have not even seen him score yet have they. So if he does score against Sunderland it will be a surprise to both sets of fans.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Jesus there is some shite being spouted on here from the idiots up the road, the basic argument being if it relates to them it's die hard supporters, well financed and great but if it's Brighton them it's all unsustainable and crap.
As a returning supporter (for a number of reasons including serving my country) educated and intelligent I am more than happy with our position and do not feel the need to justify our position based on here-say and rumour.
It hurts me to say but well done to them at the moment they have taken their opportunity with both hands but what goes up must come down..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here